ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The VP of Technology Operations will be responsible for the overall management of the Freedom Technology Command Center. The Command Center will include Major Incident Response, Level 1 Support and overall management and coordination of Technology Operations at Freedom Mortgage. The role will focus on early identification and response to technology disruptions impacting critical technology systems at Freedom Mortgage.
In this role, you will be expected to manage a team across towers and across multiple disciplines to ensure the availability of critical technology systems for our end users and customers. This includes communicating with technology owners and resolvers and facilitating plans of attack to ensure our goal of reducing problems in the environment before they cause negative impact. This also includes helping to identify and eliminate defects and noise that consume considerable staff resources and improving our mean time to repair of technology incidents. The role reports directly to the SVP, IT.
The Command Center team will act as the pulse of the technology organization and will be responsible for coordinating the response to anomalies in the environment. This may include analyzing incident, problem, and change data as well as recurring alerts from our monitoring and telemetry. In addition, the Command Center Level 1 team will be the first level responders for technology issues. Measurable results will include reduction of impacting technology events, faster identification and resolution of incidents and improving upon first touch resolution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as the Operational Leader for all Freedom Technology Operational areas, including (but not limited to) Application Operations, L1 Support, Network Operations, Middleware Operations and Infrastructure Operations
- Management of Major and Severe business impacting incidents primarily involving large scale infrastructure issues or high-risk data / application issues
- Providing leadership and coordination across multiple disciplines to ensure the stability of our platforms.
- Ensuring the team provides 24/7 coverage and support of critical systems
- Ensuring time sensitive communication.
- Producing relevant metrics and OKR’s to measure performance.
- Presenting weekly and monthly Incident Management data to Leadership team, concisely and effectively
- Ensuring the team properly documents issues, manages issues to completion and escalating issues to management team if needed
- Ensuring that all IT Teams follow the Incident management process
- Driving decision making for incident resolution and minimizing impact to the business
- Escalation to Senior IT Management
- Working with key business partners to ensure their engagement
- Providing incident updates to stakeholders
- Engaging in and helping to drive the root cause analysis process
- Identifying stability trends and escalating them through the Problem Management process
- Strong cross technology background in areas such as network, distributed, end user and application development
- Ability to lead and create high performing teams in a matrixed environment
- Proven troubleshooting skills within a support environment including a strong sense of commitment and drive towards incident resolution.
- Advanced knowledge in Incident, Change, and Problem Management (ITIL)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Above average problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written). The ability to communicate confidently and clearly to all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Client focus and ownership - displays initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Knowledge of industry standard toolsets for (incident/problem)
- Possesses working knowledge of general project management practices and methodologies, including Agile
- Possess excellent writing/analytical skills as well as the ability to be detailed and process oriented.
- 10 plus years of experience in Service Delivery, Problem Management or Incident Management
- 5 plus years of management experience
- Prior Mortgage Banking or Financial Services experience is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- MBA a plus.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Team Coordinator will support the Product organization with daily functions and tasks related to technology systems and initiatives. This role will ensure proper analysis, timely delivery, communication, and risk management of initiati…
The Sr Business Analyst will be responsible to capture business objectives and transforming into functional requirements by documenting the current/future state of critical business operations, automated systems process and reporting through a c…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team in the role of Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. A BI Developer interacts regularly with other members of the larger IM team …
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Database Administration team in the role of Senior SQL Server Database Administrator. As part of the Database Administration team, the individual will…
Job Description: Technical Lead We are looking for a self-motivated hands-on Software Technical Lead to play a key role with a primary focus on enterprise wide Document Automation initiatives. This individual will …
Develop processes and create necessary GitHub repositories to support testing and production environments. Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, testing, and production envir…
We are seeking a Salesforce Lightning Technical Lead to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. This Technical Lead role will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing custom solutions, including New Deve…
Results oriented Software QA Manager with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 8 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations …
Results oriented Software QA Engineer lead with minimum 8 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client ex…