DescriptionReporting to the Chief Audit Executive, the VP-Internal Audit directs and manages all day to day (non-IT) audit activities, including the oversight of all ongoing internal audits and management of audit staff.
- Coordinating with the VP of IT Audit, lead efforts to complete the annual internal risk assessment followed by the recommended annual internal audit plan.
- Working with the Chief Audit Executive, lead efforts to develop and maintain detailed internal audit methodology, including corresponding audit policy and procedures. Ensure audit work is consistently performed in accordance with such methodology.
- Retain overall responsibility and oversight of all (non IT) internal audits and special projects ensuring the highest levels of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Retain overall responsibility for finalizing all (non IT) internal audit reports, to include ensuring such reports are clear and concise and are completed and issued timely.
- Directly interface with and respond to as necessary to requests from outside counter-parties such as regulators, rating agencies, etc.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with senior business leaders, specifically including those in the following areas: Origination and Servicing lines of business; Risk Management; Compliance, Vendor Management, Capital Markets; Finance, Accounting; and, Human Resources.
- Working with the Chief Audit Executive, prepare initial drafts of quarterly Audit Committee reports.
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit findings. Ensure any past due plans are escalated in a timely manner.
- Support the Chief Audit Executive in attracting, hiring, and retaining a team of high-performing audit professionals who possess the necessary knowledge, experience, ethics, and integrity.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate all work with any co-source providers.
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), Master's Degree (Preferred)
- 12 to 15 years of relevant audit or "related testing" experience in a regulated financial services company (bank or non-bank) setting.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Other Relevant Professional Certification- (Preferred)
- Sound knowledge of mortgage banking risks and controls (both originations and servicing)
- Knowledge of key federal regulations impacting mortgage servicing and originations
- Ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with senior business managers
- Strong leadership, management, and coaching skills
- Sound knowledge of internal audit practices such as called in the IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
(This is a fully remote role) The Risk Analyst will be responsible for shared oversight of the firm’s operational risk management strategy within Servicing. Will lead risk management related projects and d…
Summary: The Internal Auditor is responsible for the internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. Auditor is responsible for following audit methodology, providing audit support and preparing r…
Summary: The IT Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senior IT…
Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senio…
**REMOTE OPPORTUNITY** Summary This position is part of a newly created team that will focus on enterprise information technology, information security, cybersecurity, and technology risks. The role will…
**REMOTE POSITION** Summary This position is part of a newly created team that will focus on enterprise corporate risks The role will be tasked with assisting with sharing and implementing risk framework…
**This position may be remote** Position Overview The Director – Quality Control Servicing is responsible for management of the Quality Control program at RoundPoint f…
Summary The Final Document Specialist is responsible for the retrieval, processing and corrections to the original recorded security instruments and final title policies to ensure perfected liens. This positi…
Summary: The candidate for the QC Analyst position must have mortgage knowledge with a minimum of 5 years of experience in either mortgage processing, underwriting and/or extensive quality control background, knowl…