Freedom Mortgage is seeking an experienced, strategic and driven IT leader to join the team in the role of Vice President of Intelligent Automation. Since Intelligent Automation is an emerging competency at Freedom, this role requires a balance of strategy / execution, engineering / analytics, and AI-ML / Automation, all while marrying business and technology perspectives.
Requires technical expertise in one or more highly specialized domains related to data-heavy applications including data streaming, big data platforms, analytics engineering and AI/ML platforms. Assumption is that all systems will be cloud-based, with a preference on AWS.
Initially the leader will focus on architecture and design of the Intelligent Automation Platform, which will require understanding how Freedom’s decisioning/rule systems operate, how data is managed across these platforms and ultimately how they could be improved by leveraging advanced machine learning models. Being able to present a future technology vision is critically important.
The VP acts independently as a senior leader in IT and will partner very closely with the Product Management, Enterprise Architecture, Information Management and core Development leaders to create credible Technology & Product Roadmaps that lead to our future state.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead team to design build and deploy the Intelligent Automation Platform leveraging key technologies/platforms including Data Streaming, Big Data platform, Analytical Tools, AI/ML, Search
- Build a world-class team balancing FTEs and contingent staff
- Develop Data Service APIs to enable core systems to leverage the IA data
- Build IA Analytics and Dashboards
- Provide expert support to the Analytical Community in developing Analytics and Dashboards
- Provide expert support to the Development Community in accessing IA data
- Design and implement a support structure leveraging DevOps principles
- Partner with operations on designing and implementing 24/7 monitors of IA platform
- Work closely with experts within the product, development, information management and enterprise architecture teams to understand business and systems issues related to business rules and decisioning engines
- Responsible for the complete development lifecycle of the software systems that make up the Intelligent Automation Platform; including clarifying requirements, database schema, software development, testing, implementation, user follow up, and support
- Utilize collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers, and database administrators, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications.
- Responsible for ensuring the change control processes for the development team is followed.
- Participate in all parts of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Acts as a technology consultant to business managers.
- Prepare and present executive level staffing, project and process updates to C-suite.
- Manage third party IT vendors on business related projects.
- Ensure that business unit practices and procedures adhere to IT security and information policies.
- Ensure compliance with corporate project oversight controls.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in technology domain
- Master’s degree a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 15+ years’ experience in IT
- 10+ years of application or information engineering
- 5+ years of lead development experience on application development projects
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data, Data Streaming technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Analytical Platform & Tools
- 3+ years of experience with AI/Machine Learning Platform & Tools
- 3+ experience with Cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience leading CI/CD initiatives
- Experience leading teams with Agile and Scrum
- Interest in learning and applying new technologies and concepts
- Enjoy contributing in a team environment
- Passionate about partnering with business partners
- Comfortable making presentations to senior executives as requested.
- Ability to provide architectural review and recommendations to multiple teams.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team in the role of Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. A BI Developer interacts regularly with other members of the larger IM team …
Job Description: Data Scientist We are looking for a self-motivated Data scientist to work as part of the Document Automation Team with experience in natural language processing, information retrieval, question ans…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Database Administration team in the role of Senior SQL Server Database Administrator. As part of the Database Administration team, the individual will…
Job Description: Technical Lead We are looking for a self-motivated hands-on Software Technical Lead to play a key role with a primary focus on enterprise wide Document Automation initiatives. This individual will …
Description Senior Mulesoft Software Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)…
Job Description Full Stack Java Developer Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the Ame…
Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. …
Freedom Mortgage is looking for qualified Full Stack Java Engineers To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representati…
The performance test engineer is an integral part of the Performance Testing team working in a dynamic fast paced, agile environment. S/he should have previous experience writing LoadRunner scripts and be able to jump onto any performance …