Freedom Mortgage is building a new governance organization that will be responsible for developing and managing controls, policies and oversight for business rules throughout the organization. The VP of Business rules Governance will be responsible for managing and promoting all organization-wide business rules governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the transparency, quality and processes for all business rules throughout the organization. The position will focus on establishing a business rules governance framework and ensuring adherence to business rules policies, standards and practices, both at the department functional levels, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build a team of high functioning members to facilitate the frameworks, controls and policies for business rules governance across the organization.
- Establish and govern an enterprise business rules governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of rules-based capabilities.
- Build and implement an enterprise wide business rules governance framework, with a focus on improvement of transparency and consistency through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and business rules architecture.
- Build communication and education program the ensures adherence, compliance and acceptance of the company’s business rules standards.
- Establish and ensure adherence to an enterprise business rules governance framework, including rules policies, standards and practices, in order to achieve the required level of rule consistency, transparency and protection to meet overall business needs.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to business rules governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s legal/compliance, decisioning and system rules.
- Serve as a liaison between Business, functional areas and technology to ensure that rules related business requirements adhere to the defined controls for quality, consistency and transparency and that these controls are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of business rule quality standards, rules protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Define indicators of performance and quality to ensure compliance with rules related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities.
- Lead Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas business rules representatives.
- Ability to build a new organization from the ground-up with minimal oversight.
- Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with departmental strategy.
- Ability to develop and manage a staff to execute on the Business Rules Governance organization’s framework and controls.
- Ability to identify and recruit talent, including identifying right people for both technical and non-technical jobs.
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics.
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission.
- Willingness to take change and provide direction.
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all the Business and Functional areas.
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships.
- Skills at performance management, recognizing and rewarding performance and identifying development needs.
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation among teams.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an organization with large-scale project management and oversight responsibilities. Minimum of 5 years in a financial organization.
- 3 years working with or in an enterprise business rules environment.
- Compliance and regulatory experience a plus but not required.
- 5 years in a senior management role, with executive change or transformation leadership experience.
- Knowledge of industry leading governance management practices.
- Knowledge of business rules governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions.
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Information Risk Manager is responsible for driving the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and management of security risks. The Manager will focus primarily on the maintenance of an effective Information Security program an…
Summary The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual wi…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers and teammates to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment. Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting. Extract data from enterprise relational databases…
Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting Extract data …
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monitoring a…
The Business Process Management (BPM) Developer is responsible for the development of BPM and Workflow related projects and initiatives. The BPM Developer is responsible for contributing to the development of methodologies and best prac…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …