Description**POTENTIALLY OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES**
This role will advise and support the leaders within the escrow administration team which includes Tax, Escrow, Insurance, MI, Correspondence and Research departments. This leader's responsibilities will included responding to internal and third party audit requests, oversight of regulatory, investor compliance controls and first-line of defense risk management obligations. Knowledgeable and skilled in all stages of loan administration beyond areas of responsibility. Performs a variety of routine daily tasks, reviews reports, prepares correspondence, and participates in special projects. Interfaces and collaborates with strategic partners to achieve common goals. This role will partner with servicing business Leaders as well as Legal/Compliance as applicable, and other areas to help ensure the control environment within servicing is sound. This leader will also ensure defects are identified and re-mediated quickly with appropriate root cause analysis, process improvement and any other steps as necessary. Additional responsibilities include supporting business leader adherence to established business control reporting and oversight, as well as the established issues management framework by helping identify process gaps and improvement opportunities, performing trend analysis to minimize risk exposure and strengthen the overall control environment within the servicing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages existing and emerging risks (through control reporting, and other tools) that stem from business activities; ensures control defects/risks are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Oversees and ensures appropriate action is taken to address identified risks
- Responsible for control data analysis, trend analysis and report preparation
- Manages daily operations of the Business Controls unit
- Assists in translating control deficiencies into action plans and drives/oversees action plans to completion in partnership with applicable business areas, as well as Legal/Compliance and other areas as needed
- Advises/reports to Senior Leadership on the status of their control environment based on control weaknesses, defects, and issues identified. Identified critical areas withing Servicing to monitor and escalates issues/findings to appropriate stakeholders
- By utilizing tools such as control reporting and others, proactively identify emerging Compliance/Legal concerns impacting the organization and communicate to management as appropriate.
- Assesses results of control report output and analyzes data for cross functional process improvement.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Oversight: ability to put in place oversight mechanisms, and oversee business unit/function deliverables with respect to the control environment are met timely and to quality.
- Analysis: ability to assess data points (e.g. inherent risk,emerging risks, control effectiveness) to propose an actionable plan to bring data points into tolerance.
- Influence : ability to influence senior management in the business unit/function to deliver on their operational risk responsibilities; ability to champion, effectively, the success of first-line initiatives in their business unit.
HS grad/GED required
Bachelor's degree preferred
5-8 years related experience required.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
Summary This position will perform assigned functions within the Servicing Governance and Control team in a timely and accurate manner. The primary role, of the…
Bankruptcy Management Analyst Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
Summary Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our Compliance Officer to …
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Essential Job Functions: Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims. Set-up payee hea…
The REO Analyst is responsible for review and analysis of data gathered in REO regarding the disposition of Freedom’s assets. The Analyst will review and determine the risks and costs associated with aged assets. Conduct…
Summary The VA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all VA Basic expense claims and all non-conveyance claims including Third Party claims, max guaranty claims, Compromise Sales and Refundin…