The Title Analyst I – Servicing Operations Support is responsible for filing loan policy insurance claims against title issues as recommended by legal counsel or as determined upon examination of title reports, while ensuring compliance of all state, federal, and investor guidelines. Analyze property reports and title policies to determine problems or restrictions with lien position and conveyances. Work directly with attorneys and underwriters to determine best course of title resolution based on state laws and investor requirements. Routine follow-up and communication with underwriters, internal and external counsel, lines of business, and management.
- Review and analyze title issues denoted in property reports
- Analyze and compare loan policies to property reports to assess additional exposure to risk and issues with lien position and conveyance
- Abstract and verify property records using vendor databases and online services
- Review, analyze, and interpret documents including but not limited to, loan documents, legal documents, policies, regulations, and guidelines
- Obtain and compile documents required to file title claim
- Assist with research and analysis of complex title issues
- Investigate possible title issues initiated by borrower correspondence
- Maintain portfolio of title issues and detailed records of claim resolution or settlement, including timelines and correspondence
- Review and assess Homeowner / Condo Association liens for super-lien priority interest
- Attorney-fee approval and dispute of attorney-fee requests
- Various functions using company systems and software, including but not limited to, proper file notations, loading of supporting documentation into imaging system of record, reviewing/completing assigned tasks, monitor attorney tasks and responses.
- Escalate issues involving potential loss of lien priority, monetary losses, or any other potential loss or risk exposure to management
- Prepare monthly status reports for management
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work…
Summary The Loan Processor is responsible for processing contracts and loan applications. This position is responsible analyzing the loan applications, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood that a loan appl…
Summary The Assumption/Loss Mitigation Loan Processor will underwrite for loss mitigation options - all workout types on all loan types. It will be necessary for the processor to have experience in Full Doc …
Summary: The Supervisor Default Servicing Operations Support-Invoice Management will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the default invoice processing support staff. Will carry out managerial respo…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Specialist will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to identify …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
Summary: The Payment Processor is responsible for accurately and timely processing of customer mortgage payments to the servicing system daily. This position will work collaboratively with business units to ensure comp…
Summary The Research Specialist is responsible for the processing of Customer Care related tasks including but not limited to: borrower written correspondence, borrower statements/letters, credit b…
Summary The SPOC Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Single Point of Contact team in the Loss Mitigation group. The Supervisor must be knowledgeable in FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, and FHLMC loss …