Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our Compliance Officer to create and approve Process and Procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create, update and maintain user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
- Ensure field flow in the correct sequence.
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Submit copies to managers for feedback.
- Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Release the document following final approval.
- Provide updates and different editions as necessary.
- Participate in Servicing sessions to stay abreast of upcoming changes and prepare draft documentation.
- Write/Update/Maintain our Policy, Process and Procedures.
- Effective and continues communication within all the departments.
- Responsible for tracking what deliverables are required and ensuring that they are completed on time.
Additional Work Experience:
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical writing experience in Policy, Process and Procedure with focus on end user documentation and help systems.
- Excellent team player and team builder.
- Ability to convey complex information in an appropriate fashion to audiences with different levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and respond to changing business and technical conditions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Strong interest in software and technical writing technologies is an easily accessible style.
- Proven proficiency in using a modern tool set for generating documentation.
- Experience with working with SharePoint, is a plus with technical writing experience.
This job has not supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
Summary This position will perform assigned functions within the Servicing Governance and Control team in a timely and accurate manner. The primary role, of the…
Summary This position is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of all mortgage lien/satisfaction documents ensuring all regulatory and state/county guidelines are met. Essential Jo…
Bankruptcy Management Analyst Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
Position Description: The Escrow Processor will perform the following functions: Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Essential Job Functions: Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims. Set-up payee hea…
The REO Analyst is responsible for review and analysis of data gathered in REO regarding the disposition of Freedom’s assets. The Analyst will review and determine the risks and costs associated with aged assets. Conduct…