Soar With Us
Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad capabilities, and it’s demonstrated by our winning trajectory.
If you are…
● Conscientious. You’ll review various documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- A comfortable communicator. You’re a highly skilled communicator, comfortable communicating with users, team members, and management.
● Skilled in your field. You have a strong interest in software and technical writing technologies with proven proficiency for generating quality user-friendly content. You’re able to convey complex information to audiences of all levels of technical knowledge.
● A great multitasker. You’ll determine accuracy and completeness of files, ensuring all processes are consistent, and communicate regularly with your team.
● A strong decision-maker. You’re confident in your work, making firm decisions based on fact and reasonableness without feeling the need to waver or crumble under pressure.
… then you belong in the Freedom family.
The Opportunity: Technical Writer
Freedom Mortgage is seeking a professional and experienced Technical Writer to join the Freedom family. This role is all about creating, updating, and maintaining a variety of user documentation, including how-to guides, manuals, cheat sheets, and instructions. You’ll work closely with our Compliance Officer to create and approve processes and procedures. Our ideal Technical Writer is extremely knowledgeable about all elements of their field, with incredible attention to detail and an analytical approach to ensure reviews are thorough and accurate. You’ll be a self-starter, able to deliver effective results under changing business and technical conditions.
What does the job look like?
As a Technical Writer, your daily duties may include...
- Creating, updating, and maintaining user documentation.
- Ensuring technical verbiage is easy to understand.
- Ensuring fields flow in the correct sequence.
- Writing clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Submitting copy to managers for feedback.
- Adjusting copy and proofreading for grammar and spelling.
- Releasing documents following final approval.
- Participating in Servicing sessions to stay on top of upcoming changes.
- Preparing draft documentation.
- Writing, updating, maintaining Freedom’s policies, process, and procedures.
- Effectively communicating with all departments.
- Tracking deliverables to ensure they are completed on time.
Education & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year College or University OR 1-2 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2+ years of technical writing experience in policy, process, and procedures fields with focus on end user documentation and help systems
- Strong interest in software and technical writing technologies
- Experienced with SharePoint
If you invest your drive and commitment with us, you’ll realize an incredible return, in a diverse environment where all staff can grow and flourish. With excellent training and development opportunities available at all levels, a great benefits package, and a talented working family all around you, with Freedom, you’ll enjoy a rewarding, challenging, and exciting career where you can reach incredible new heights.
Soar With Us.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
The Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, s…
Prepare mailing labels for overnight packages Upon receipt of executed documents, validate all signatures have been completed, dated, and notarized and are submitted to Management for final signatures and notarization …
Summary Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our Compliance Officer to …
Summary Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for workout types on loan types as assigned. Essential Job Functions: Review “co…
Summary: The Invoice Processing Specialist I will be responsible for reviewing and verifying invoices and check requests. Will sort, code, match and confirm all invoices comply with any applicable investor la…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
Summary This position will perform assigned functions within the Servicing Governance and Control team in a timely and accurate manner. The primary role, of the…
Summary The VA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all VA Basic expense claims and all non-conveyance claims including Third Party claims, max guaranty claims, Compromise Sales and Refundin…