This position is a combination of a Sr. Developer/Team Lead. Must be strong technically with a capability to be a potential architect as well as the ability to lead small teams. Will work with the Director of Application Development to help manage the overall book of application development projects.
- Essential Job Function Responsible for leading a development project team(s)
- Provide hands on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Coding approximately 30-50% of the time
- Define high level application designs
- Establish technical vision and works with developers to turn it into reality
- Work with various business owners to understand business needs
- Ability to communicate to business in easy to understand non-technical terms
- Translate business needs into technical specifications
- Meet with business areas to explain technical capabilities of current platform
- Meet with potential 3rd party integrators to understand possible future capabilities and integration points
- Ability to delegate and get full productivity from development team
- Ability to work on many projects in various stages concurrently
- Ability to create visual representation of a technical solution
- Broaden the technical abilities of the development team
- Participate in robust debate on technical solutions along with Application Architects
- Ability to create project plans and status reporting
- Able to find a balance between doing it right and getting it done
- Success is measured by the team’s success as much as the individual’s abilities
- AWS Cloud Experience
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Java J2EE Experience.
- Angular JS knowledge
- Willing to learn new technologies/software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic with good time management skills
- Ability to work with diverse, geographically distributed teams
- High level of focus and attention to details
- Proactive approach
- Take ownership of the work and projects assigned to you
- Superior Organizational Skills / Excellent Communication Skills
Education and/or Experience:
Position requires a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Computer Technology, Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience at project/technical lead level leading a team of developers
- 3+ years’ experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server
- 3+ years’ experience with IBM WebSphere Portal and Content Management
- Experience in/with designing and implementing applications utilizing AWS cloud compute, integration, database, storage, security and management services.
- Experience in/with designing and implementing applications utilizing AWS Lambda, AWS ec2, AWS S3, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Fargat/ECS or other AWS Service.
- Good knowledge and understanding of AWS VPC, AWS Auto Scaling Groups and Triggers, AWS IAM roles & profiles, AWS ALB/ELB among others.
- Production Mortgage Industry Experience
- 4+ years’ experience at project/technical lead level leading a team of developers
- 1-2 years of Angular JS experience
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monitoring and controlling the …
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team in the role of Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. A Senior BI Developer interacts regularly with other members of the l…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry s…
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides analysis of business an…
Designs the user acceptance testing process to verify that requirements and business objectives are successfully met. Writes test plans, engages with business users to determine if the delivered functionality satisfies the requirements, and work…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provi…
The Analyst will be responsible to capture business objectives by documenting the current/future state of critical business operations, automated systems process and reporting through a combination of skills, leveraging research, fact-finding, i…
The Junior Salesforce Administrator will provide support to the organization through the customization and configuration of the Salesforce platform. This role is responsible for owning and executing the day-day configuration, reporting, support,…
We are seeking a motivated Windows Server Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the infrastructure systems to meet the required SLA's for both the enterprise and customer facing operations. The Windows …