Description**THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE
The primary role of the Supervisor is to oversee the staff of Title Analysts as they work to obtain clear and marketable title on loans with title issues in the servicing portfolio. This position will assist management with day to day operations of the department, monitor and report on department Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), adhere to curative timelines, and ensure procedures are within compliance and in accordance with investor and insurer guidelines. In addition to training, coaching, and mentoring of the staff, the Supervisor assists with developing and organizing policies and procedures with the initiatives of the department, CFPB, investor or insurer of the portfolio.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Title Curative department including compiling, reviewing and signing off on reports.
- Acting as a coach to the Title Curative department team members and motivating the group to achieve the desired results.
- Conducting periodic desk reviews and completing annual performance reviews.
- Interviewing and hiring new employees.
- Performing hands-on training of all new hires in their charge.
- Organizing and assigning workloads according to the difficulty and quantity of Title Curative files to the Title Curative team members to review and manage.
- Working with Title Curative team members to identify and escalate file issues to the appropriate lines of business in order to expeditiously resolve files and maintain timelines on foreclosure files.
- Working knowledge of mortgage banking, familiarity with RESPA, FDCPA & federal and state laws related to legal pleadings and related case issues.
- Assisting subordinates with Title Curative activities in difficult cases.
- Studying and standardizing procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Examine Title Curative related expenses as they pertain to investor guidelines/company policy
- Assist in preparing monthly reporting and distribution
- Assist with reviewing state, federal and investor/insurer changes as well as process implementation
- Assist with reviewing and responding to audits
- Ensure accounts are properly documented with actions taken, correspondence, and explanation of controllable vs non controllable delays.
- Knowledgeable in agency, investor or insurer timelines and documents requirements for judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Perform periodic analyses and review of data and investigate questionable items.
- Develop a strong working relationship with network of Servicer Appointed and Designated Counsels
- Monitoring Title attorneys and their quality of service.
- Manage the Title Curative general email box.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Exhibiting a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook/Word, Excel, Fiserv, Tempo, Legal Tracker and Business Objects.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Directly supervises approximately four employees in the Title Curative Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 4+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Customer Service Relationships:
Assesses and diffuses problem situations and requires influencing others to reach consensus. Requires tact and diplomacy to handle difficult customer relationships. Explores alternatives and creative solutions to meeting the needs of customers.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks and mitigate loss outside of their delegated authority. …
**THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE The Title Analyst II – Servicing Operations Support is responsible for filing loan policy insurance claims against title issues as recommended by legal counsel or as determined upon examination of title reports. Evaluate and examine property reports and title policies to…
**THIS POSITION CAN BE WORKED 100% REMOTE The VA/USDA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the Quality Control Review of all VA/USDA Basic expense claims and all non-conveyance claims including Third Party claims, max guaranty claims, Compromise Sales and Refunding claims in accordance with investor…
Summary: The Default Referral Analyst III will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in pre-foreclosure status. Under the direction of the Default Referral Supervisor, the Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of accounts to ensure the Fo…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks and mitigate loss outside of their delegated authority. Provide management with status updates and prepare…
The Supervisor of Cash Management is responsible for managing the day to day operations of payment processing and cash reconciliation processes. Essential Job Functions: Oversees the daily management and operations of the Cash Management team. Trains, educates and guides the pro…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad c…
Summary The Supervisor is responsible for managing a Default Portfolio of Default Referrals for Foreclosure workflow to ensure Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), investor and insurer guidelines are strictly followed to ensure mitigation of compensatory fee risk. This position will assist management with day…
Customer Success Agent Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and home-ownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad capabilities, and it’s d…
Summary: The SPOC Supervisor – Borrower Outreach is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Single Point of Contact team in the Loss Mitigation group. The Supervisor must be knowledgeable in FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, and FHLMC loss mitigation options and the waterfall. Must effectively demonstr…