The SPOC Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Single Point of Contact team in the Loss Mitigation group. The Supervisor must be knowledgeable in FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, and FHLMC loss mitigation options and the waterfall. Must effectively demonstrate a professional level of competency in all states of loss mitigation and the foreclosure process and requirements for all states, while adhering to all state and federal guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages team of 10-12 SPOC/Loss Mitigation Specialists
- Handles daily supervisory functions including timecards, interviews and coordination with HR on disciplinary action as necessary
- Holds daily team huddles to review changes, answer questions and provide updates
- Deliver regular 1:1s with phone agents to discuss employee scorecard trending, areas of opportunity, career pathing
- Conducts side by side call observations with each team member to provide live feedback and direction
- Coordinates any agent schedule changes/adherence concerns with the Command Center
- Provides direction to Loss Mitigation Specialists on department goals; drives call focus based on Loss Mitigation touchpoints. Ensures agents are meeting expectations on calls, addresses gaps in performance immediately
- Assign SPOC agents to accounts as needed, publish SPOC assigned accounts to agents 2-3x/week
- Must be able to work one Saturday a month. “Comp” day will be provided in the week they are in Saturday rotation
- Must be able to work 1-10pm EST as a full time shift
- Must be familiar and compliant with CFPB requirements
- Ensure that Loss Mitigation Underwriting, Single Point of Contact are operating in full compliance with investor, agency/insurer, FHA, VA and private mortgage insurance provider guidelines and results in no monetary losses from non-compliance.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), as well as Fair Lending and Fair Housing Acts and any other related state or federal mortgage loan servicing requirement, including knowledge of related bankruptcy laws.
- Partner with Change Management to create job aids as needed and keep them up to date as guidelines and policy change; communicate the changes to the staff and ensure compliance
- Effectively manage department work queues, ensuring they are up to date and properly documenting the system of record all consumer contact, requests for activity from other business units and the next steps in loss mitigation and foreclosure process
- Train and develop staff
- Recommends and implements changes in procedures.
- Identify gaps and make recommendations for efficiency gains.
- Partners with internal business partners to actively assist mortgagors in foreclosure avoidance, to include identifying customers for retention options such as modifications, rate reductions, short sales, principal balance reductions, etc., as investor guidelines allow.
- Work with Quality Assurance, Compliance, Risk, Audit and the Management team to assure compliance with FHA, VA, FNMA/FHLMC, Rural Housing and the various PMI companies’ loss mitigation guidelines as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Partner with QA, compliance, legal, risk, management team, fellow supervisors and team to limit audit findings, mitigate financial and reputational exposure to Freedom Mortgage
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- NMLS and SAFE Licenses, preferred
- 14 State Licenses, preferred
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University; or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Invoice Processing Specialist II will be responsible for reviewing and verifying invoices and check requests. Will sort, code, match and confirm all invoices comply with any applicable investor laws and regulations. Responsible for submittin…
Summary: The Invoice Processing Specialist I will be responsible for reviewing and verifying invoices and check requests. Will sort, code, match and confirm all invoices comply with any applicable investor la…
The Coordinator, Correspondence Sr. is responsible for the creation and maintenance of machine-derived letters and some manual letters for all Servicing lines of business, ensuring all required letters and disclosures created by Freedom Mortgage…
Prepare mailing labels for overnight packages Upon receipt of executed documents, validate all signatures have been completed, dated, and notarized and are submitted to Management for final signatures and notarization …
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only poss…
Position Summary: The intake processor will be responsible for reviewing all assumption requests received in the team queue and inbox, provide general information regarding the assumption process to borrowers, an…
Summary This position will perform assigned functions within the Servicing Governance and Control team in a timely and accurate manner. The primary role, of the…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…