The SPOC Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Single Point of Contact team in the Loss Mitigation group. The Supervisor must be knowledgeable in FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, and FHLMC loss mitigation options and the waterfall. Must effectively demonstrate a professional level of competency in all states of loss mitigation and the foreclosure process and requirements for all states, while adhering to all state and federal guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages team of 10-12 SPOC/Loss Mitigation Specialists
- Handles daily supervisory functions including timecards, interviews and coordination with HR on disciplinary action as necessary
- Holds daily team huddles to review changes, answer questions and provide updates
- Deliver regular 1:1s with phone agents to discuss employee scorecard trending, areas of opportunity, career pathing
- Conducts side by side call observations with each team member to provide live feedback and direction
- Coordinates any agent schedule changes/adherence concerns with the Command Center
- Provides direction to Loss Mitigation Specialists on department goals; drives call focus based on Loss Mitigation touchpoints. Ensures agents are meeting expectations on calls, addresses gaps in performance immediately
- Assign SPOC agents to accounts as needed, publish SPOC assigned accounts to agents 2-3x/week
- Must be familiar and compliant with CFPB requirements
- Ensure that Loss Mitigation Underwriting, Single Point of Contact are operating in full compliance with investor, agency/insurer, FHA, VA and private mortgage insurance provider guidelines and results in no monetary losses from non-compliance.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), as well as Fair Lending and Fair Housing Acts and any other related state or federal mortgage loan servicing requirement, including knowledge of related bankruptcy laws.
- Partner with Change Management to create job aids as needed and keep them up to date as guidelines and policy change; communicate the changes to the staff and ensure compliance
- Effectively manage department work queues, ensuring they are up to date and properly documenting the system of record all consumer contact, requests for activity from other business units and the next steps in loss mitigation and foreclosure process
- Train and develop staff
- Recommends and implements changes in procedures.
- Identify gaps and make recommendations for efficiency gains.
- Partners with internal business partners to actively assist mortgagors in foreclosure avoidance, to include identifying customers for retention options such as modifications, rate reductions, short sales, principal balance reductions, etc., as investor guidelines allow.
- Work with Quality Assurance, Compliance, Risk, Audit and the Management team to assure compliance with FHA, VA, FNMA/FHLMC, Rural Housing and the various PMI companies’ loss mitigation guidelines as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Partner with QA, compliance, legal, risk, management team, fellow supervisors and team to limit audit findings, mitigate financial and reputational exposure to Freedom Mortgage
- Must be able to work anytime between 8am - 10pm PST Monday through Friday as a full time shift
- Must be able to work one Saturday a month. “Comp” day will be provided in the week they are in Saturday rotation
Education And/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University preferred
1-2 years related experience
Team Lead Or Supervisory Experience Required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- NMLS and SAFE Licenses a plus but not a requirement
Other Related Duties
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID 2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
- Financial Services
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary The Loan Processor is responsible for processing contracts and loan applications. This position is responsible analyzing the loan applications, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood that a loan appl…
Summary The Assumption/Loss Mitigation Loan Processor will underwrite for loss mitigation options - all workout types on all loan types. It will be necessary for the processor to have experience in Full Doc …
The Title Analyst I – Servicing Operations Support is responsible for filing loan policy insurance claims against title issues as recommended by legal counsel or as determined upon examination of title reports, while ensuring compliance of…
Summary: The Supervisor Default Servicing Operations Support-Invoice Management will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the default invoice processing support staff. Will carry out managerial respo…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Specialist will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to identify …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
Summary: The Payment Processor is responsible for accurately and timely processing of customer mortgage payments to the servicing system daily. This position will work collaboratively with business units to ensure comp…
Summary The Research Specialist is responsible for the processing of Customer Care related tasks including but not limited to: borrower written correspondence, borrower statements/letters, credit b…
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers in the servicing of their mortgage. This may include helping in a call center capacity in one of the following functions: customer service, collections, or l…