DescriptionThe Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work flow for the Loss Mitigation department, coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements, provides process-specific feedback and training to loss mitigation efforts throughout the unit, recommends operational improvements, monitors performance of staff members according to established standards and conducts performance evaluations, training and coaching of the staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises daily operation of the Loss Mitigation department, ensuring compliance with departmental policies and procedures and all applicable government, investor and client regulations.
- Reviews loss mitigation documents for approval or denial to ensure consistency, accuracy, and quality within department.
- Identifies trends and develops process improvements and system enhancements to improve department's effectiveness.
- Receives and resolves customer complaints
- Performs duties related to staff development such as performance evaluations, disciplining employees, and training.
- Compiles data and generates ad-hoc reporting for Manager.
- Provides monthly summary to Manager on departmental performance objectives.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge, understanding and documentation of required State, Federal, CFPB, Investor, and PMI guidelines related to regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu. Ensures regular and timely communication of required process changes to all areas of the Credit Solutions department.
- Sets production and service goals for direct reports. Directs the performance of the staff through effective coaching, training and performance appraisals to achieve established goals and service levels.
- Develops and analyzes management reports for the purpose to ensure all production and quality goals are meet.
- Serves as subject matter expert and escalation point for staff and members regarding loan modifications, short sale, and deed in lieu.
- All other duties as assigned
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University or equivalent work experience. Three to five years of experience in a Collections/Loss Mitigation related position, preferably in a Financial Services environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Foreclosure Specialist III Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve the…
Summary Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclo…
Summary The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possible foreclosure referrals. Unde…
The Jr Dialer Analyst role is responsible for the day-to-day business management of command center operations. This includes daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting, and software admin…
Technical Writer Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
Prepare mailing labels for overnight packages Upon receipt of executed documents, validate all signatures have been completed, dated, and notarized and are submitted to Management for final signatures and notarization …
Summary Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our Compliance Officer to …
Summary Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for workout types on loan types as assigned. Essential Job Functions: Review “co…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…