The Default Best Execution Supervisor is responsible for oversight of a team handling the day-to-day activities related to analyzing defaulted loans and acquired properties to determine the best disposition strategy and financial outcome on those loans for Freedom Mortgage.
Team responsibilities consist of:
- Property Disposition Review – The Property Disposition staff reviews property risk scoring, financial and estimated claims data, and projected gains/losses on individual loans/properties for disposition decisioning.
- Best Execution – Best Execution staff identify and manage high risk loans during the default process. High risk loans may be loans/properties with extensive damages, condemnation or violation notices, contested actions or litigation, or scenarios that could yield high loss to Freedom Mortgage. Best Execution management includes researching high risk circumstances, analyzing impacts of not remediating high risk circumstances, developing written chronologies and summaries of loan histories, formulating recommendations for review and approval of disposition strategy.
- Charge off – Staff are primarily responsible for review and analysis of low balance loans and loans recommended for charge off, submission of charge off approvals to investors, processing charge offs in system of record and coordinating communication to internal impacted departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recommend resolutions which will enable Freedom Mortgage to recover the max amount of funds in a swift manner, if applicable.
- Manage team responsible for review of vacant FHA and VA loans prior to foreclosure sale for advance disposition decisioning as well as disposition review of newly vacant FHA post-sale properties managed through the conveyance process.
- Regular review with staff of loans identified for best execution management.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing the Property Disposition/Risk Model and Best Execution Tool as the result of corporate initiatives, investor/insurer guidelines or allowables, observed trends or other circumstances that warrant updates to the Model to ensure best disposition of properties occur.
- Presentation of best execution strategies to Default leadership.
- Maintain reporting and dashboards critical to ensure performance success of the team.
- Monitor team of staff to defined SLAs.
- Strong understanding of FHA, VA and GSE claims guidelines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Microsoft Office experience and advanced Excel knowledge
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University; or three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years Default Servicing Experience
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
· Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; document required notations; monitor vendor ta…
The Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, s…
Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. Th…
Summary The Correspondence and Research Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of Correspondence and Research including but not limited to: borrower written correspondence, borrower statements/lette…
Summary The Property Preservation Specialist will be responsible for reviewing reports produced by our preservation vendor and identifying any and all issues which will prevent deterioration to the Freedom Mortgage serv…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Summary: The Supervisor of Default Servicing Operations/CWCOT will be responsible for the day-to-day activities related to auction strategies and successful sales of our CWCOT (Claims Without Conveyance of Title…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, di…