The Business Innovation Group (BIG) within Freedom Mortgage was created to disrupt the mortgage industry and help people discover mortgages with fun, freedom, and ease. Our vision is to create a digitally connected experience around a consumer lifestyle platform that will fundamentally transform how the mortgage business engages with the customer.
We are seeking a fullstack engineer with strong Node.js and functional programming (Scala & Ruby) skills. Our applications leverage Node.js, Bootstrap, JQuery, Mondo DB, Elastic Search, Redis, React.js and delightful interactive experience to the web. Our applications run in the AWS cloud environment.
We use Agile Methodologies to enable our engineering team to work closely with partners and with our design & product teams.
This role is full time and preferably located long-term in New York City or southern New Jersey areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work as an individual contributor building software.
- Write maintainable and scalable backend and client web application code.
- Work with enterprise architect to build ESB layer and implement scalable web services layer (REST/JSON/XML) to serve internal and external application clients.
- Work with designers and product managers to build web applications with responsive design.
- Work in an agile team environment where testing and continuous deployment is an integral part of the way you work.
- Bring clean code principles to your work and drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Will be working with AWS RDS & Dynamo DB.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- 8+ year of experience in building and working on large scale distributed systems.
- Capable of designing and coding highly efficient and scalable enterprise software and services.
- Fluent in Java, Backbone.js, Node.js, Bootstrap3, Require.js, and either D3 or Highcharts.
- Strong familiarity with functional programming such as Scala and Ruby.
- Extensive experience with SQL, database programming, and performance.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and Internet architecture.
- Comfortable running your own *NIX server, webstack, debuggers, VMs, and database programs.
- Scripting language skills such as Perl, Python, and Bash is a strong plus.
- Experience in Hadoop, Apache Spark Big Data environment (Hive, Pig, Map Reduce) is an advantage.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong experience with AWS environment, Git and Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.#CB
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provi…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …
Results oriented Software QA Manager with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 8 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations …
Develop processes and create necessary GitHub repositories to support testing and production environments. Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, testing, and production envir…
Position Description Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers. Translate functional requirements into technical design and develop robust solutions f…
We are seeking a Salesforce Lightning Technical Lead to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. This Technical Lead role will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing custom solutions, including New Deve…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for experienced, senior level Mulesoft Development Engineers to join …
Job Description Develop integrations between Marketing Cloud, Sales/Service clouds and third-party applications. Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers…
Qualifications: Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers. Translate functional requirements into technical design and develop robust solutions for each p…