The Sr Reporting Analyst - Escrow Administration will perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Assist the supervisor with planning/organizing to ensure timely and accurate execution of escrow administration activities; provide training to new staff members; assist with refresher training for the existing staff on new processes, changes, and designated/requested topics; serve as the day to day contact person for questions and guide the work flow for assigned functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary responsibility will be reporting and providing leadership in support of the PMI, FHA and USDA billing teams
- Provide training to new hires and serve as the initial resource for questions from new or existing staff on designated activities/functions.
- Assist with identification or refresher training topics based on observation or results and assist with training on the same.
- Interact with Investors for information and account updates relative to MI processing, Billing Recon and New loan boarding and setup.
- Set-up new loans; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Assist with report distribution to the team, reviewing team reports worked, such as Quality Control and exception reports, etc.
- Assist in responding to audits, procuring documents, with department mailings and other clerical duties.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks and refunds.
- Use access database to import and extract data, to build queries.
- Coordinate escrow analysis out of compliance reviews.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Correct and analyze PMI DI exceptions.
- Administer the PMI/MIP removal process to ensure that coverage is removed in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory requirements.
- Research items related to MIP disbursement, premium differences, data integrity using origination documents and/or escalated client issues.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required time frames; documents required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Monitor/respond to email inquiries.
- Coordinate department audit requests.
- Advise supervisor/manager of status of work, unresolved escalated items and/ or potential risk/exposure issues.
- Oversee billing for monthly disbursement and reconcile disbursement and drafts from FHA and USDA.
2-4 years of mortgage servicing experience
2-4 years of reporting and leadership experience
Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, specifically with Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
Advance skills in Microsoft Access
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Regular and substantial contact with others. Contacts usually involve discussions related to policies and programs. Handles sensitive, complex, and/or confidential information.
Customer Service Relationships:
Assesses and diffuses problem situations and requires influencing others to reach consensus. Requires tact and diplomacy to handle difficult customer relationships. Explores alternatives and creative solutions to meeting the needs of customers.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
Independent Judgement/Problem Solving:
Performs duties within scope of general Company policies, procedures and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures and practices. Refers exceptions to policy and procedures to the supervisor.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Default Business Process Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Default Management. They work closely with change m…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
Position Summary: The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position pl…
The Special Loans Supervisor is responsible for the day to day activities of the special loans teams as it relates to the servicing of special products, including but not limited to Adjustable Rate Mortgages, Step Rate Loans, Buydown Loans, Part…
Summary Perform assigned functions within Correspondence & Research in a timely and accurate manner, while ensuring compliance with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Duties may include, but are not limite…
Summary This position is responsible for a variety of quality control functions to ensure we are in compliance with regulatory and investor underwriting and servicing requirements and guidelines. Incumbent will perform monitoring, test…
Summary: The Loss Analysis Analyst is responsible for the QC, audit and oversight of claims filed. It is the Analyst’s duty to ensure that all claims comply with investor and insurer requirements and assist…
The Loss Mitigation Supervisor will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, supervises and evaluates work flow…
Position Summary: Responsible for the management and performance of key vendors and the interaction with key internal partners. Responsible for the coordination of information requests and responses required …