The Senior Report Developer / Analyst is responsible for developing complex reporting with an understanding of current business processes and metrics as they relate to the mortgage industry. This includes gathering requirements, analyzing and mapping data, and complex report/database development. Candidate must possess the necessary skills to work in conjunction with end users, mid and senior level leadership, project managers and IT professionals including database developers and administrators.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs the research and information gathering necessary to define, design, create, and document business requirements and specifications as it relates to the development of reporting solutions
- Interfaces with business units to define business requirements
- Assists business units with designing and testing reports to solve business needs
- Plays a key role in educating the Business on reporting and analytics solutions
- Assists with technical project management activities as appropriate
- Works well both independently and as a team to define processes, coordinate work, and manage communications across the business
- Develops SQL stored procedures, functions, views, tables and other database objects as defined by business partner requirements and Corporate Analytics leadership to support overall corporate objectives
- Maintain and continuously seek to improve existing business partnerships
- Identifies and defines improvements to existing reporting data sources.
- Manages and maintains current report catalog including automating manual reports as well as improvements to existing reports.
- Creates and maintains documentation regarding reporting and associated data.
- Manages ACM (Application Change Management) process for additions, modifications or deletions to data and the reporting environment.
- Fulfills ad-hoc data/reporting requests as needed.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position can be based in Jacksonville or 100% remote
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Business Analytics or related field
- Minimum five years of experience with SQL development (queries, stored procedures, functions, views, and other database objects) in a Microsoft SQL Server environment. Experience in scripting (VBScript, Jscript, etc.) is a plus
- Minimum five years of complex report development experience utilizing Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Objects, Crystal Reports, WebFOCUS or Tableau or similar report development software.
- Query performance tuning
- Project management experience preferred
- Reverse engineering of Microsoft Access databases experience preferred
- Proven ability to think creatively in complex situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Hands on experience gathering requirements, designing and coding new reports, maintaining and enhancing existing reports, as well as designing dashboards
- Must be flexible and comfortable in a fast changing environment where projects, priorities and timelines shift frequently.
- Prior experience with Fiserv LoanServ system and data a plus
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree from a Four (4) year College or University
Ability to read, and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Data Strategy and Governance (DSG) organization is seeking a talented Data Governance Specialist to help grow our Data Governance Architecture team capabilities. You will leverage your experience to provide data analysis and acumen in promot…
Summary The Senior Reporting Analyst is responsible for developing complex reporting with an understanding of current business processes and metrics as they relate to the mortgage industry. This includes gathering…
Summary: The Loss Recovery Analyst is responsible for the QC, audit and oversight of loss recovery claims submitted for payment. It is the Analyst’s duty to ensure …
Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Routine Case Management. The primary focus of this role is rela…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
Foreclosure Specialist III Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve the…
Summary The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for review of loans for quality assurance, system testing, developing and working credit bureau exception/control reports. Daily validation of the data and mana…
Summary : Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; document required notation…
Summary : This position may be filled as level I, II, or III based on experience. Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigne…