100% Remote Option
The OpenEdge Database Administrator is responsible for multiple databases in an intensive application environment, including routine administrative activities such as cloning, backup, restore and patching. The position will support multiple production Progress OpenEdge databases in a 24X7 high availability environment. The successful candidate must be self-driven and be able to independently debug complex problems.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform routine DBA activities for OpenEdge database instances.
- Build database schema, tables procedures and permissions.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to application support staff and project teams.
- Perform database backups and recovery, Monitor database health, Troubleshoot database issues.
- Open and follow-up on Service support tickets with Progress support.
- Develop, maintain and test database back-up, disaster recovery and capacity planning strategies.
- Prepare and install new application database related software, releases and patches
- Assist users with installation of Progress clients and utilities.
- Create and maintain advanced database administration scripts.
- Respond to and resolve user issues according to defined procedures and standards.
- Linux and/or Unix
- Large Multi-User Progress Databases
- OpenEdge Replication
- OpenEdge Management
- Progress Pro2Oracle
- Progress Classic Application Server
- Progress Application Server for OpenEdge
- Progress version 11.7 in a CHUI environment
- Progress Programming Experience
- Progress Sonic
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Seeking a highly motivated individual to work with our Technical Support Center team in supporting our Core Platform areas. Provides technical support to users for complex computer related technical problems. Serves as the primary point of conta…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include We are seeking a Senior Software engineer to join our progressive information technology team. This is an opportunity to develop your skills in …
The First Flyer Development IT Program is offering a 2-year rotational training program that will allow you to experience hands on training among four different teams in the technology side of our business. Structured similar to a college …
Senior Director Project Operations – PMO As a senior leader within the IT PMO, the Director for Project Operations is critical to the success of the company’s initiatives through the direct management o…
We are seeking a Salesforce Lightning Technical Lead to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. This Technical Lead role will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing custom solutions, including New De…
We are seeking a fullstack engineer with strong Node.js and functional programming (Scala & Ruby) skills. Our applications leverage Node.js, Bootstrap, JQuery, Mondo DB, Elastic Search, Redis, React.js and delightful interactive experience t…
Job Description: Sr. Data Scientist We are looking for a self-motivated Data scientist to work as part of the Document Automation Team with experience in natural language …
Freedom Mortgage is seeking a Scrum Master to become a member of the IT Digital Delivery Office Team. This position will work with the DDO team and various business groups across the Enterprise to deliver projects timely. The Scrum Master w…
We are seeking a Salesforce Lightning Technical Lead to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. This Technical Lead role will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing custom solutions, including New Deve…