(This position will be 100% Remote.)
The Senior Payroll Analyst performs a wide variety of payroll processing activities to ensure the accuracy of the payroll for all employees. Will serves as a back-up to the Payroll Manager as needed. Maintains a thorough understanding of the entire payroll cycle and as necessary, independently runs payroll processes without errors and in a timely manner; identifies potential errors and partners with Payroll Manager to resolve, uses strong organizational skills to ensure all audits, payments and processing are done accurately and in timely manner in accordance with payroll processing checklist. Uses working knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve anomalies.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Analyzes and performs accurate, complex computations of timecard adjustments, retro payments, overpayments, wire transfers, stop payments, and other calculations as needed.
- Successfully identifies, analyzes and resolves timecard errors.
- Acquires and retains working knowledge of BI Reporting in UltiPro to efficiently and accurately retrieve data to produce reports for ad-hoc requests and perform audits.
- Process Multi-state bi-weekly payroll
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy with minimal errors by proactively implementing measures to validate work.
- Ability to understand and use various IRS tax publications to help Payroll Operations assure on-going compliance.
- Supports the processing of W-2's and distribution and production of corrected forms and reprints.
- Determines the proper handling of employee payments based on tax law.
- Oversee system maintenance to include set up/testing when tax changes occur
- Maintain all tax set up in UltiPro systems
- Maintains confidentiality of all payroll data, password protecting all files sent through email, not releasing any confidential data without the employee's written consent, verifying manager access before providing any salary information, and keeping all employee information and files restricted to the Payroll staff and approved leaders.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of payroll wage and hour laws and department operations to accurately communicate payroll wage and tax information, payroll procedures and payroll system functionality to all levels of employees.
- Ad Hoc projects as required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University and 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficiency; strong knowledge of Excel and MS Word is required
- Ability to work under pressure showing high commitment to Payroll and reporting deadlines
- Ability to pro-actively identify process improvements within payroll
- Experience with payroll systems, preferably UltiPro
Ability to read words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to comprehend and write simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Some contact with others; including general public. Purpose of contacts is to provide explanation or interpretation of information. May handle confidential information and some complex matters.
Customer Service Relationships:
Requires normal courteous interaction and basic interpersonal skills and tact to communicate with others. Forwards non-routine inquiries or requests to appropriate individual and/or department.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
**REMOTE OPPORTUNITY** The Leave Program Specialist coordinates the support for all leave of absence cases and workers’ compensation claims. Effectively coordinates all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensi…
(This position can be 100% remote) Summary: The Level 1 Commission Analyst is a key contributor in monitoring nationwide payouts related to corporate and individual sales compensation. Administers, sup…
(This position can be 100% Remote) Summary: The Senior Director, Payroll Architect is accountable for the overall Payroll Program that serves and supports the design and delivery of Payroll programs for…
The Jr Dialer Analyst role is responsible for the day-to-day business management of command center operations. This includes daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting, and software admin…
The Workforce Analyst, Jr is responsible for day-to-day management of Command Center operations. Including, daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting and software administration. Successful c…
The primary role of the Supervisor is to oversee the staff of Title Analysts as they work to obtain clear and marketable title on loans with title issues in the servicing portfolio. This position will assist management with day to day operations of t…
Summary The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possible foreclosure referrals. Unde…
Summary Evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and control business processes. Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization’s strategic goals. Work collabora…
Summary The Change Management Analyst is responsible for the ownership of a structured process to plan, develop, deliver, and track change management deliverables. The Change Management Analyst intakes and un…