The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides analysis of business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing logic as necessary. Participates in process and systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment. Seeks out and contributes to initiatives, beyond the planned day-to-day responsibilities, with the team and throughout product developement. Actively mentors other team members. Provides proactive updates and visibility to impacted stakeholders and business leaders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Defines and documents customer business functions and processes.
- Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and others in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and requirements.
- Participates in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Obtains detailed, in-depth and expert knowledge of the assigned business processes and creates requirement documents for development and testing.
- Consistently challenges the IT and business teams to improve all aspects of their processes.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree from a Four (4) year College or University
- 5+ years of diverse financial services / mortgage banking / loss mitigation experience preferred
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, particularly documentation of Use Cases is preferred.
- Business analysis skills are required.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the business to define business and functional requirements.
- Support business and IT teams, including requirements gathering and project management for new development and integration projects with little or no direction.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is seeking a technical lead with experience designing and developing distributed, cloud-based software applications and services in a technically diverse environment. The candidate will join an application architectu…
Summary The mail room clerk is responsible for receiving, opening and dispersing all incoming mail and shipments to the appropriate department or person, as well as, distributing all outgoing mail and packages.&nbs…
Under general supervision, a Loan Servicing Platform Business Analyst will be leading the efforts to communicate and ensure business validation and testing functionality, rules and configurations for the Sagent loan servicing products or enhance…
The Product Manager Servicing Performing Loans is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategy for products in the Customer Care, Escrow and Loan Administration business areas. Will work closely with business leadership to …
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is seeking an application architect with experience designing and implementing distributed, cloud-based software applications and services in a technically diverse environment. The candidate will join an application …
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides …
Work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. Perform Systems Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing of leading-edge portal-based solutions. Perform requirements ga…
The Information Risk Manager is responsible for driving the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and management of security risks. The Manager will focus primarily on the maintenance of an effective Information Security program an…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking a Scrum Master to become a member of the IT Digital Delivery team. This position will work with the team and various business groups across the Enterprise to deliver projects timely. The Scrum Master will help drive a…