The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senior Auditor is responsible for providing recommendations and guidance to staff auditors and participate in the planning and execution of Internal Audit Department priorities.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Direct, coordinate and test/audit components of the business and functional units, including operational, compliance and financial risks, control environment. Assist the development of audit scope for assigned auditable areas within the company.
- Design and execute internal control testing, including process review in accordance with audit methodology and audit plan timelines.
- Prepare clear, organized and complete documentation to support work performed in accordance with audit methodology and according to plan timelines.
- Prioritize and effectively plan own work activities managing multiple priorities and tasks across the team to deliver quality results.
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements
- Assist in communicating the results of audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
- Perform various aspects of engagement administration, including hours and budget tracking.
- Effectively communicate information, issues and audit progress to teammates, clients and audit management.
- Assist with development and maintenance of Internal Audit Risk Assessment
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conduct special “reviews” and special projects, as needed or as assigned.
- Ability to interpret and assess compliance with internal or external policies and procedures, and guidelines.
- Efficiently perform gap analysis of controls and identify any weaknesses or areas that need improvement.
- Provides guidance to lesser experienced auditors and promotes the development of effective team relationships and functions to ensure success in the department. Coaches and mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and audit tools.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely flexible in the workday activities.
- Conduct remediation follow up and testing.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related field from four-year College or University; three (3) to five (5) years related audit experience and/or training;. Certifications related to auditing, compliance, finance, fraud or risk; Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or similar designation preferred. Four (4+) years experience in mortgages, banking, consumer lending, financial services or a professional services firm servicing clients in banks or a mortgage/consumer lending companies.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and workplace policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write professional correspondences. Ability to write routine business reports. Ability to speak effectively with other employees and/or customers. Ability to present formal information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, managers, employees, customers and/or the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
CPA, CIA or CRCM strongly preferred.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: The Internal Auditor is responsible for the internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. Auditor is responsible for following audit methodology, providing audit support and preparing r…
Summary: The IT Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senior IT…
Reporting to the Chief Audit Executive, the VP-Internal Audit directs and manages all day to day (non-IT) audit activities, including the oversight of all ongoing internal audits and management of audit staff. Coordinating wit…
**This position may be remote** Position Overview The Director – Quality Control Servicing is responsible for management of the Quality Control program at RoundPoint f…
Summary The Final Document Specialist is responsible for the retrieval, processing and corrections to the original recorded security instruments and final title policies to ensure perfected liens. This positi…
Summary: The candidate for the QC Analyst position must have mortgage knowledge with a minimum of 5 years of experience in either mortgage processing, underwriting and/or extensive quality control background, knowl…
The Director of the Investigations Unit will report directly to the SVP of the Investigations Unit, and ultimately the CRO/Risk Division. This position will be responsible for developing and leading investigations across the business including f…
Summary: The Servicing Treasury Processor I is responsible for accurately and timely processing to the servicing system daily. This position will work collaboratively wit…
Summary The Bankruptcy Management Analyst is responsible for managing third party relationships which includes, but is not limited to: monitoring vendor performance, ensuring vendor compliance with regulatory entit…