This position is remote.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage Fair Lending compliance program of Freedom Mortgage Corporation (Freedom), including evaluation of data, business processes and controls, system and data controls, implementation of Fair Lending policies and procedures, and coordination of Fair Lending-related audits conducted internally and externally.
Under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer, the incumbent will oversee and maintain Freedom's risk-based framework supporting Fair Lending regulations.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Manage the quarterly and annual review of Fair Lending for Freedom and its subsidiaries.
- Oversee the integrity of Freedom's Fair Lending Compliance Policy and implementing procedures for data collection and reporting; conducting periodic compliance reviews of the business line activities.
- Oversee Fair Lending-related efforts of Regulatory Compliance Data Specialists/Data Managers.
- Conduct monthly reviews of Fair Lending by evaluating trends, conducting root cause analyses and correcting identified errors. Manage the process of identifying corrective actions and formulating solutions that minimize the impact of identified compliance issues.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of business line processes and controls related to Fair Lending reporting. Work with other departments to ensure errors identified in monthly reviews are corrected timely.
- Support a risk-based framework around the laws relating to fair lending including the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), and Fair Housing Act (FHA) and their implementing regulations.
- Ensure Freedom's enterprise Fair Lending compliance policy business channel procedures and HMDA compliance training are up-to-date and reflect current law, regulation and Freedom business practices.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other duties for the Regulatory Compliance Department as assigned.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University preferred; 5 to 8 years of related experience with previous supervisory/management experience.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use repetitive hand motion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Summary: This role is for preparing for the Loan officer role. They are preparing by completing all necessary licensing requirements and all required training to become licensed. …
Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Routine Case Management. The primary focus of this role is rela…
Position Summary: The Associate Director of Technical SEO will be responsible for key elements of the organic search marketing channel for Freedom Mortgage’s websites. They will oversee techni…
Senior Director Project Operations – PMO As a senior leader within the IT PMO, the Director for Project Operations is critical to the success of the company’s initiatives through the direct management o…
- Responsible for leading delivery of BPM automation solution through the lifecycle of feasibility analysis, development, deployment, monitoring, and enhancements. - &nbs…
Summary The Customer Advocate/Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing Purchase loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as a…
Summary The Account Executive is responsible developing business from mortgage brokers, bankers and small banks and thrifts on a business to business basis. Additionally, generating both government (FHA, …