The Senior Desktop Engineer is responsible for the creation, deployment, management, and oversight of all aspects of Freedom Mortgage's desktop computing environment. This role will build out the automated deployment/management solutions leveraged by all Technical Support staff, in addition to providing escalated support for incidents that require high-level technical knowledge. Additionally, serve as a Subject Matter Expert and technical coach for other members of the Desktop Engineering team.
- Manage and administer Enterprise devices via Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Create/maintain Operating System images & automated deployment methodology (Windows Autopilot).
- Create automated software and solutions packages for deployment to Enterprise devices.
- Manage and oversee monthly Windows Security Patch deployment.
- Manage and oversee mass software update/deployment efforts to Enterprise devices.
- Generate and manage various reports as requested.
- Virtual Desktop deployment and administration.
- Zero/Thin Client deployment and administration.
- Virtual Desktop & Zero/Thin Client deployment and administration.
- Perform routine environmental assessment exercises and ensure the continued enhancement/modernization of the Freedom Mortgage end user computing environment.
- Participate in Major Incident response activities; ensure timely remediation of outage(s), perform root cause analysis, and develop/implement long-term solution to mitigate future risk.
- Research complex technical problems and identify, implement, and communicate technical fixes.
- Function as a resource for projects, including new hardware/software solution introduction, Windows/Office365 upgrades, and other technology advancement initiatives.
- Partner with the Security team to engineer solutions for end user device security.
- Function as technical escalation point for large scale or aging end-user problems.
- Functions as a third line of support after all tiered resources have been exhausted.
- Partner with 3rd party vendors to deliver results in various support/project-based initiatives.
- Write, edit and maintain Policies & Procedures documentation.
- Serve as a mentor/Subject Matter Expert for Desktop Engineering team members, as well as Technical/Desktop Support staff.
- Hands on experience around end user device engineering.
- Hands on experience around with device/System Center Management tools.
- Professional Certifications desired (Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator, MSCE, AWS Solutions Architect, Network+, A+, etc.).
- Experience with Modern Device Management (MDM) tools, including Windows Autopilot and Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Experience with deployment and administration of virtual desktop solutions, including Amazon Workspaces, Hyper-V, VMWare, and Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Experience with environmental management and administration via Azure Active Directory.
- Expert troubleshooting skills surrounding complex technical end user device issues in large distributed environment.
- Expert understanding of Windows 10 Operating System, including build updates.
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Security Patching process.
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Group Policy administration in a client/server environment.
- Expert understanding of Windows Registry architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of various scripting methodologies (PowerShell, SQL, AWS CLI, Python, etc.).
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office 365 product deployment/administration.
- Strong Microsoft Office365 application suite usage skillset, including Teams, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Fluent in usage and administration of multiple Operating Systems (Windows 10, Windows Server, Mac OS X, Linux, etc.).
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure and protocols.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills including: exceptional customer service, creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams, acute attention to detail and quality, ability to self-manage.
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work occasional after hours and weekends.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, contributes to developm…
Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies mo…
Mulesoft Technical Lead At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for an e…
Senior Mulesoft Software Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searchin…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provi…
Results oriented Software QA Engineer lead with minimum 8 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client ex…
The Sr Analyst will be responsible to capture business objectives by documenting the current/future state of critical business operations, automated systems process and reporting through a combination of skills, leveraging research, fact-finding…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for an experienced, senior level Mulesoft Architect (that has acted a…