The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides analysis of business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing logic as necessary. Participates in process and systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Defines and documents customer business functions and processes.
- Display expertise in knowledge of (BPM) business process management platform. Understanding of (BPM) process design and execution.
- Experience Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, Waterfall and Agile methodology for Project Management.
- Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access
- Experience with Agile principles & scrum ceremonies; Jira & Confluence tools.
- Experience with JIRA for requirements and UAT management
- Ability to manage project timeline, identify risks/issues, manage stakeholder expectations and share project status updates with Management
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical resources (architects, data analysts, developers, operation specialists), consultants and others in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance
- Develop, document and facilitate User Acceptance Testing to ensure fulfillment of requirements and successful project implementation
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents change for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and requirements.
- Participates in QA and user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Obtains detailed, in-depth and expert knowledge of the assigned business processes and creates requirement documents for development and testing.
- Consistently challenges the IT and business teams to improve all aspects of their processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University.
- Experience in the Mortgage Industry and sound working knowledge around extant CFPB guidelines for TILA/RESPA Integrated disclosures is required.
- Prior Experience in Mortgage Compliance department would be highly desirable, though not a requirement.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, particularly documentation of Use Cases is preferred.
- Business analysis skills are required.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the business to define business and functional requirements.
- Support business and IT teams, including requirements gathering and project management for new development and integration projects with little or no direction.
- Strong communication skills are required.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provi…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …
Results oriented Software QA Manager with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 8 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations …
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud Architect is responsible for managing enterprise email for Freedom Mortgage Corporation as well as the direct management of Digital Marketing team members as well as external vendor relationships. …
Position Description Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers. Translate functional requirements into technical design and develop robust solutions f…
We are seeking a Salesforce Lightning Technical Lead to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. This Technical Lead role will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing custom solutions, including New Deve…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for experienced, senior level Mulesoft Development Engineers to join …
Results oriented Software QA Engineer lead with minimum 8 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client ex…
Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions. Work closely with our Compliance Officer to create and approve Process and Proc…