The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides analysis of business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing logic as necessary. Participates in process
and systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Defines and documents customer business functions and processes.
- Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical resources (architects, data analysts, developers, operation specialists), consultants and others in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for
permanent records and for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functions and requirements.
- Participates in QA and user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality.
- Obtains detailed, in-depth and expert knowledge of the assigned business processes and creates requirement documents for development and testing.
- Consistently challenges the IT and business teams to improve all aspects of their processes.
- Bachelors Degree from a Four (4) year College or University 5+ years of diverse financial services / mortgage banking experience
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, particularly documentation of Use Cases is preferred.
- Business analysis skills are required.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the business to define business and functional requirements.
Support business and IT teams, including requirements gathering and project management for new development and integration projects with little or no direction.
- Strong communication skills are required.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
The Director Learning and Development is responsible for directing activities related to the design, development, and deployment of all needed training to support the Information Technology department, including: mortgage industry training, prof…
The Communications and Engagement Specialist supports the Information Technology, Vice President of Communication and Culture as well as participate in multiple facets of the IT Department. The role would help the business by assisting in the cr…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team in the role of Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. A BI Developer interacts regularly with other members of the larger IM team …
The Director of Change Validation will be responsible for managing the people and process involved with ensuring software changes moving to production have been tested appropriately and present the highest level of assurance that their introduction i…
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides analysis of business an…
The Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides analysis of business and u…
Designs the user acceptance testing process to verify that requirements and business objectives are successfully met. Writes test plans, engages with business users to determine if the delivered functionality satisfies the requirements, and work…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provi…
The Analyst will be responsible to capture business objectives by documenting the current/future state of critical business operations, automated systems process and reporting through a combination of skills, leveraging research, fact-finding, i…