The Loss Mitigation Specialist will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to identify liquidation options when home retention is not appropriate. The Specialist must be knowledgeable FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, FHLMC loss mitigation options and waterfall. Effectively demonstrate a professional level of competency in all stages of loss mitigation and foreclosure processes and requirements for all states, while adhering to all state and federal guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as single point of contact for consumers in all stages of loss mitigation or foreclosure process on residential or real property loans of all types, in all stages of loss mitigation and foreclosure processes and requirements for all states.
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner by providing an exceptional level of customer service.
- Determine borrower ability to pay, obtain reason for delinquency and offer alternative solutions to resolve delinquency e.g., referral to Consumer Credit Counseling Services, due date changes, deferrals, short term repayment plans, as well as formal loss mitigation plans, modifications and liquidation option.
- Effectively manage work queues, keeping them up to date and appropriately documenting in the systems of record all consumer contact, requests for activity from other business units and next steps in loss litigation or foreclosure processes.
- Receive incoming calls and/or conduct outbound call campaigns to secure commitments for outstanding packages, pending conditions, status of their review, payments, post modification, and respond to customer inquiries or general loan servicing questions.
- Ensure that Loss Mitigation Underwriting, Single Point of Contact are operating in full compliance with investor, agency/insurer, FHA, VA and private mortgage insurance provider guidelines and results in no monetary losses from non-compliance.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), as well as Fair Lending and Fair Housing Acts and any other related state or federal mortgage loan servicing requirement, including knowledge of related bankruptcy laws.
Other Related Duties:
- May include helping in a call center capacity in one of the following functions: customer service, collections, and Loss mitigation and/or other duties assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Some College/Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School; or six (6) months to three (3) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar graph.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Essential Job Functions: Supervises daily operation of the Loss Mitigation department, ensuring compliance with departmental policies and procedures and all applicable government, investor and client regulat…
Summary: The SPOC Supervisor – Borrower Outreach is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the Single Point of Contact team in the Loss Mitigation group. The Supervisor must be knowledgeable in…
Summary The Supervisor is responsible for managing a Default Portfolio of Default Referrals for Foreclosure workflow to ensure Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), investor and insurer guidelines are strictly fo…
SUMMARY: The Customer Outreach Specialist II will serve as the designated representative for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default or potential loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home…
Summary Individual will be responsible for the overall performance and management of multiple supervisors and their teams within the customer care call center. Essential Job Functions: …
Summary The Default Referral Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in active bankruptcy of those identified as possible foreclosure referrals. Unde…
The Associate Director of Customer Outreach is responsible for the oversight and management of the Customer Outreach Advocates and Coordinator including but not limited to oversight of call quality and compliance, customer feedback surveys, monitorin…
Summary Evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and control business processes. Ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organization’s strategic goals. Work collabora…
The Borrower Outreach Advocate I will serve as the designated representative for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default or potential loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to identify liquidation optio…