Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks and mitigate loss outside of their delegated authority. Provide management with status updates and prepare a variety of complex reports to ensure compliance with all agency, investor and insurer guidelines. Support internal staff with questions regarding foreclosure loans within their delegated authority. Responsible for ensuring the Foreclosure Process is completed accurately in adherence to mandatory state and investor timelines by acting as a liaison between Freedom Mortgage and outside counsel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing past due and approaching standard FCL cases including FNMA, GNMA (FHA,VA,USDA & Private Investors
- Follow up on all FCL actions daily/monthly to ensure investor guidelines and monthly status requirements are within compliance.
- Responsible for document execution of various financial foreclosure documents required during the foreclosure process per Federal Compliance standards.
- Ensure accounts are properly documented with actions taken, correspondence, and explanation of controllable vs non controllable delays.
- Knowledgeable in agency, investor or insurer timelines and documents requirements for judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Reviews and provides HAMP certification nationwide notifications prior to foreclosure sale.
- Moving aged accounts to foreclosure sale, addressing low value properties timely, high balance reviews, lost liens to tax sale, prepare equity analysis with detail and accuracy, meeting timelines on each foreclosure file while closely monitoring attorneys and the overall quality performed on all daily job tasks.
- Ensure cases have a clear & marketable title throughout the FCL process.
- Examine FCL related expenses as they pertain to investor guidelines including contested/litigation
- Prepare bidding instructions for all sales incompliance with investor, insurer guidelines.
- Ensure the accurate & timely referral to Bankruptcy & Post sale areas.
- Endorse, certify and report all FCL sale results within 24hrs of sale.
- Coordinate with Property Preservation department to secure & maintain vacant properties.
- Working knowledge of mortgage banking, familiarity with RESPA, FDCPA &federal and state laws related to legal.
- Update databases to ensure information is accurate, complete, and accessible. Maintain records and files. Perform periodic analyses and review of data. Investigate questionable items.
- Develop a strong working relationship with network of Servicer Appointed and Designated Counsels.
- Provide mentoring to new staff members, assist in special projects as assigned.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: The Default Oversight Specialist is responsible for review of call center performance. Reviews include compliance, performance, and adherence to existing protocols. Employee will ensure …
Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Routine Case Management. The primary focus of this role is rela…
Freedom Mortgage is looking for a dynamic, passionate, and energetic Customer Audit and Review of Escalations Specialist (C.A.R.E.) to support our Call Center operations. The purpose of the role is to provide a research driven resource to Call Center…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
Foreclosure Specialist III Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve the…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and home ownership. This i…
Summary : This position may be filled as level I, II, or III based on experience. Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigne…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Manager – Loss Mitigation is responsible for the oversight and compliance of the loss mitigation process (processing, underwriting, closing) of all workouts. In additio…
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation…