The responsibilities for the Default Ops Specialist include performing all the day-to-day activities related to the CWCOT (Claims w/o Conveyance of Title) process, assisting with SFLS (Single Family Loan Sales), and providing support to the REO, Charge-Off, and Best Execution department.
The primary roles within the CWCOT function include providing a correct 2 nd chance sale bid to our vendors at various auction houses, reviewing and executing purchase and sale contracts and returning them to the appropriate settlement closing agent. The position is also responsible for updating all system of records, and coordinating with the foreclosure claims department once a settlement has occurred and sale proceeds are received. The SFLS responsibilities include gathering all the required loan information to gather a pool of loans that are eligible to sell to HUD. The position will also coordinate with various departments required to make such a pool, including IT, Collateral Tracking, Property Preservation, Litigation, Bankruptcy and Servicing. May also include following up on past Sales to HUD if questions arise and information is required by the company that audits those sale loans.
- Responsible for corresponding weekly FHA report to Vendors.
- Review Sales Contracts and Settlement Agreements.
- Processing of closing funds in system of record.
- Scan all documents related to listing and sales to EDMS.
- Work closely with vendor marketing.
- Work closely with Foreclosure Claims Department.
- Read and understand each individual contract.
- Initial contact with IT department to discuss HUD contract and information required to make initial selection of population.
- Review contract; put together a list of what is acceptable and what is not and code correctly.
- Initiate audit of files that may be eligible updating list constantly possibly adding loans but more than likely
- Removal of loans to keep the list current.
- Review job aide, revise when necessary to make sure content is current and relevant.
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience in handling REO properties, filing of final insurance claims, reviewing listing agreements, sales contracts, HUD I Settlement Statements and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks
- Microsoft Office experience and advanced Excel knowledge
- Strong work and business ethics
- Ability to effectively present information to management
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as legal documents, policies and procedures and financial reports
- Ability to effectively write reports and correspondence
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
Summary: The Property Preservation Specialist will be responsible for reviewing reports produced by our preservation vendor and identifying any and all issues which will prevent deteriora…
The FHA Claim Processing Specialist is responsible for the filing of all FHA Part B claims and all non-conveyance claims including CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), SFLS (Single Family Loan Sale) claims and all Loss Mitigation claims i…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Contested Default/BK Case Specialist III is responsible for Bankruptcy related litigation, foreclosure non-jury trial case handling across all portfolios and investors and Non-Ro…
The Manager, Default Change Controls is responsible for the management of a team of Default Business Process Analysts who are overseeing project completion and change management items for Default. The Manager works collaboratively with various Defaul…
**THIS POSITION CAN SIT REMOTELY** Position Summary: The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regula…
The Credit Reporting Research Analyst should be proficient in all aspects of credit bureau reporting in order to maintain regulatory compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The position will play a key role in the ongoing monitorin…
Summary Foreclosure Bidding Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regardin…
This position is responsible for reconciliation of the recoverable corporate advances on all Bulk and Flow Mortgage Servicing Loan transfers from various Mortgage Banking Institutions. This position will also ensure…