DescriptionThe primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing within tolerable risk level. In addition to audits, oversight of vendor, department and employee scorecards to ensure optimal performance across the Default organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Execution of audit procedures including reviewing transactions performed in the servicing system, documents, records, reports, and policies & procedures to evaluate effectiveness of internal controls.
- Test Risk and Control Assessments for all areas of Default.
- Administer audits, or reviews, of processes within Freedom Default Departments to identify key Risks.
- Recommend and assist Default departments with process improvements or offer suggestions as to how risk can be mitigated within a process of a department.
- Identify areas at an acceptable risk level and ensure management is made aware.
- Identify training opportunities within the Default organization and perform follow up to confirm completion.
- Monitor KRI dashboard performance. Conduct deep dive for any component that may be underperforming.
- Compiles monthly department and line level employee scorecards. Reviews data to ensure accurate reporting.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast of changes in the servicing industry specific to Default.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with senior management to develop and implement new or revised processes and guidelines.
- Performs the research and information gathering necessary to define, design, create, and document business requirements and specifications as it relates to the development of reporting solutions.
- LoanServ servicing system experience
- Industry and product knowledge
- Must have at least 2-4 years of experience in residential mortgage servicing specializing in Default and risk management.
- Able to work collaboratively with others.
- Articulate and effective communicator.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University; or two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines. Assist the supervisor with planning/organizing to e…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This …
Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. Th…
Servicing Supervisor - Single Point of Contact Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve thei…
The responsibilities for the Default Best Execution Specialist include performing all day-to-day activities related to recommending the best financial strategy on defaulted loans and acquired properties serviced by Freedom Mortgage. Responsibili…
The Supervisor, Loss Mitigation - Business Process Analyst will be responsible, directly or through staff, for protecting the assets of the company in bankruptcies, repossessions and other legal proceedings. This position plans, directs, s…
Property Preservation Specialist Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achie…
Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; document required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses. · &n…
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation…