Results oriented Software QA Manager with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 8 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations along with accomplished communication, negotiation and problem resolution skills. Innovative problem solver with hands on testing experience and ability to see both the business and technical sides of the problem. Reengineered and facilitated key QA methodologies, processes and metrics standards resulting in increased quality of releases delivered to clients. Strong analytical skills with solid technical background in distributed development environments.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Owns the Quality Assurance testing for at least one program or business channel with numerous projects running concurrently
- Leads QA initiatives including supervising and managing QA teams and contributing to the testing effort in a hands-on role.
- Work with the QA Director to evaluate and enhance SQA standards, technologies and approaches
- Work with Automation team to build and enhance automation suite
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Provides leadership and oversight in creating and maintaining quality assurance validation and IT department processes including standard operating procedures, working practices and guidelines.
- Conducts periodic audits to ensure quality and compliance with PMO processes and standards.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Manages and mentors QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
- Assist with the enhancement of current test scripts and develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases and deliver high quality products
- Track testing risks and develop mitigation action plans
- Analyze data and produce scheduled quality assurance reports
- Responsibilities will include the creation and execution of detailed test scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements (Including manual and automated testing environments).
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Work alongside project teams to achieve the highest level of quality
- Effective leadership, coordination and motivational skills
- Consultative management and communications styles
- Experience managing QA teams on large initiatives of at least 5 people; effective coaching skills
- Extensive knowledge of process improvement and enhancement
- Proven ability to manage on-site and offshore teams
- Capable of adapting to a rapidly evolving environment
- Strong people management, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products
- Experience working in agile environments, in particular agile scrum
- Expert at SQA methodologies, tools and approaches (manual and automated testing experience)
- Experience in using BDD is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of QA tools such as ALM, Jira and methodologies
- Experience in a web consulting environment preferred
- Strong and effective written and verbal communications skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience. Related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with Jira is a huge plus
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of IT experience with a specific background in IT quality assurance and in maintain the quality of complex software products
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
We are seeking a Salesforce Lightning Technical Lead to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. This Technical Lead role will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing custom solutions, including New De…
Responsible for leading the architecture design/development of BPM and Workflow related projects and initiatives. Function as the IBM BPM Suite SME within the team, including development of future designs and specifications for application archi…
We are seeking a Salesforce Lightning Technical Lead to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. This Technical Lead role will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing custom solutions, including New Deve…
We are seeking a self-directed and talented Salesforce Lightning Developer to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. As a member of the team, this role will be responsible for leading technical initiatives and …
The Product Owner is responsible for the tactical implementation of the Product strategy. The Product is our Benefit Assessment Tool. It allows our Loan Advisor's to present refinance scenario options to customers, primarily cashout optio…
The Reporting Analyst II is a member of the IT QA team with the primary responsibility for research, gathering and analyzing IT QA Portfolio, Program, and Project data to track performance and develop reports with their recommendations for impro…
The Director, Reporting is responsible for overseeing the design and development of complex reporting with an understanding of current business processes and metrics as they relate to delivering software with an emphasis on Quality Assurance. &n…
The focus of Software QA Test Automation Engineer II position will be designing and developing automated test solutions, create and maintain test automation framework, develop and execute automated test plans. This position is required minimum 5…
Results oriented Software QA Lead with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations alo…