As part of the IT group, the Software Engineering – Process Engineer will work with Freedom Mortgage leadership and software engineering teams in the maturing and streamlining of engineering development and deliver processes.
The individual in this role will be a proven expert that has worked in multiple environments maturing and transforming software engineering practices and processes that enhance speed, quality and efficiency of software delivery. The Engineering organization within IT is transforming to enable the software engineering teams to scale, produce quality deliverables and increase throughput in an evolving Agile environment. This process engineering role will interface with all the Agile Development and delivery teams, Change Management, IT Operations and IT Security and Governance and to help drive and deliver on a vision to implement a repeatable and light-weight process to provide governance and metrics that enable Freedom engineering organization to be more efficient, consistent and deliver with speed and quality.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with leadership and partner teams to document the current development and delivery process, and interface with the larger Enterprise organization on related processes.
- Implement the metrics and scorecard initiatives by closely collaborating with the Agile Product teams and Leaders within the organization.
- Develop and implement the ownership model for Code Quality, Service Based Architecture and best practices around Agile delivery, Monitoring, Audit and reporting.
- Identify and implement procedures for extracting useful metrics from the current development process, Identifies and defines improvements to existing reporting data sources.
- Interface with Engineering and delivery teams, report team metrics and recommend and implement courses of action to resolve shortcomings of the current process; identify methods to improve the productivity of the current process and procedures
- Interface with Enterprise Change Management and IT Security & Governance organization to manage and implement policies and procedures that ensure solid development & delivery practices and adhere to defined policies.
- Support generation of quality and productivity metrics
- Create guides and documentation on Confluence/Tableau platforms to provide visibility and allow for easy accessibility across the organization and enable adoption.
- Experience working in an evolving engineering environment and ability to embrace transformation. Work with the engineering, project management and delivery teams to champion Agile mindset, quality delivery and business value.
This role will not have any direct supervisory responsibilities, however will be in an impactful position to influence change and process maturity across the Software engineering and IT organization.
- 5+ years of working in an Agile/Product development environment with exposure to scrum of scrums/release train concepts.
- 5+ years of experience with Agile/CI-CD tools, Agile delivery process, metrics as it relates to Agile environments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to be able to articulate process direction, vision, benefits and speak to the implementation strategy to the partners, peers and engineering development teams.
- Deep understanding and experience with dashboarding and reporting implementation with tools such as Tableau, Grafana, etc.
- Hands-on experience with diagnosing process issues problems and ability to develop and implement customized solutions
- Experienced with software engineering delivery methodologies including Code Quality, Security, Agile Delivery, Branching and Releases, CI/CD, Defect tracking and release functions.
- Experience working with Agile collaboration tools such as Jira, JIRA Align, Confluence, etc. CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, SCA, SAST etc.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and build strong partnerships across the organization and influence transformation and positive change.
- Ability to be flexible and deal with changing priorities, requirements and timelines/due dates
- Ability to identify and implement solutions quickly working collaboratively with a matrixed engineering organization.
Education and/or Experience:
- 7+ years of IT experience, with a specific background in Agile development and delivery in a mature product driven organization.
- 2-4 years specific process experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; Science, engineering, information systems or a similar technical discipline preferred
- Experience working in Mortgage Technology or Financial Services environment.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Sr IT Administrator (Mortgage Origination Systems) is responsible for administering the Loan Origination environment. This position will work closely with the IT and operations team to apply necessary functionality to meet vital business req…
Freedom Mortgage is seeking a Sr Scrum Master to become a member of the IT Digital Delivery team. This position will work with the team and various business groups across the Enterprise to deliver projects timely. The Sr Scrum Master will help d…
Sr IT Business Analyst – (Lakewood POD Run the Engine) Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applica…
We are seeking a Senior Software engineer to join our progressive information technology team. This is an opportunity to develop your skills in leading edge technologies. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: …
The DevOps System Administrator assists in the successful implementation of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment solutions. This role is focused on assisting DevOps engineers by maintaining, improving, and configuring various t…
QA Automation Manager Results oriented Software QA Automation Manager with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 8 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison a…
The Security Operations Center moves quickly, no single day is the same as the previous day and the team interacts with a wide variety of stakeholders. The VP of Security Operations should have an innate interest in building tools, be comfortable wor…
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides …
We are seeking a self-directed and talented Salesforce Lightning Developer to join Freedom Mortgage Corporation’s Salesforce IT team. As a member of the team, this role will be responsible for leading technical initiatives and …