This position is part of a newly created team that will focus on enterprise corporate risks The role will be tasked with assisting with sharing and implementing risk frameworks, best practices and solutions. In addition, the team will work with corporate department / shared service functional area partners across the company to provide an enterprise-wide view of risk, to assist management in identifying and monitoring risks and KRIs, and to recommend appropriate action when situations exceed the risk tolerance of the company. The role will leverage the Risk Manager’s background and direct experience in a specific corporate department such as Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Change Management, Corporate Policy, Vendor Management, Data Management, or affiliate and subsidiary businesses.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist and advise in the development, communication, and execution of the corporate risk management roadmap, risk framework, and risk methodologies as well as policies, procedures, tolerances, and KRIs.
- Partner with assigned corporate department to establish, maintain, and advise on the Risk and Control Self-Assessment for the identification, assessment, measurement, and monitoring.
- Manage and assist in the selection, development, use, and on-going maintenance of GRC tool.
- Perform targeted and advisory risk assessment that establishes the risk level of associated risks and/or areas.
- Provide oversight and advise on risk management activities and first line monitoring.
- Manage and conduct control assessments and periodic monitoring of the assigned department’s and lines of business’ critical systems, business applications and technology.
- Manage, test, and evaluate policies, procedures, controls, standards, and procedures to identify gaps and to recommend opportunities for control enhancements.
- Develop documentation, as necessary, of defined control procedures and environment and responsible for ensuring required documentation of risk control reviews is properly maintained.
- Evaluate risk level and adequacy of controls to ensure risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Identify key risk indicators and establish monitoring reports and develop analysis and reporting to identify and communicate risk insights.
- Advise on and maintain oversight of department’s remediation efforts for risk exposures, gaps, and deficiencies and complete remediation testing to assess effectiveness of improved controls.
- Develop and cultivate close working relationships with Executive and Senior partners across the enterprise and Internal Audit and Risk Management personnel.
- Act as a Risk representative within initiatives or project and participate in new business system initiatives, ensuring understanding of controls and adequacy of documentation.
- Provide effective and concise communication to all levels of management as it relates to risk levels associated with the business areas.
- Stay abreast of changing requirements that impact your assigned area to ensure appropriate and timely change management.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Aware and knowledgeable of changing requirements and industry risk trends.
- Ability to interpret and communicate all internal or external regulations, policies, and/or procedures.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. An individual must have proficient experience and knowledge in the areas within the role. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Four (4) year College or University and 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and direct experience using Risk Frameworks such COBIT, COSO, FFIEC, etc. is required.
- Knowledge and direct experience with Risk Management including risk framework/methodology development, risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting including understanding regulatory requirements and expectations related to risk management.
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) is a plus
- Experience with GRC software is required.
- Experience in mortgage and/or financial services is preferred.
- Must be operations oriented with strong project management skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
**REMOTE OPPORTUNITY** Summary This position is part of a newly created team that will focus on enterprise information technology, information security, cybersecurity, and technology risks. The role will…
(This is a fully remote role) The Risk Analyst will be responsible for shared oversight of the firm’s operational risk management strategy within Servicing. Will lead risk management related projects and d…
**This position may be remote** Position Overview The Director – Quality Control Servicing is responsible for management of the Quality Control program at RoundPoint f…
Summary: The candidate for the QC Analyst position must have mortgage knowledge with a minimum of 5 years of experience in either mortgage processing, underwriting and/or extensive quality control background, knowl…
Summary: The Internal Auditor is responsible for the internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. Auditor is responsible for following audit methodology, providing audit support and preparing r…
Summary: The IT Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senior IT…
Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senio…
Summary The Title Operations Manager is responsible for managing a team of Loan Coordinators / Relationship Managers to ensure that all company policies and procedures have been met including all compliance regula…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Angular 7, Micro Services and other exciting technologies to help transform our business. We are searching for onsite Senior Release Coordinator who can work …