The Business Innovation Group (BIG) within Freedom Mortgage was created to disrupt the mortgage industry and help people discover mortgages with fun, freedom, and ease. Our vision is to create a digitally connected experience around a consumer lifestyle platform that will fundamentally transform how the mortgage business engages with the customer.
BIG is looking for an experienced, hands-on and highly disciplined Project Manager. The ideal candidate should have experience with SaaS platform environments in the financial services arena, agile methodologies, and large-scale deployments. He/ she must have strong project management experience to manage complex projects from concept stage and development to implementation and scaling in a high transaction volume environment. The ability to communicate and gain approvals from key stakeholders is critical.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a complete project plan to satisfy agreed customer business requirements.
- Lead assigned projects within the organization through the project lifecycle, including analysis, specification, design, development and deployment.
- Translate project requirements into project objectives and tasks and develop detailed project schedules, project estimates, and resource plans to ensure the optimization of resources and achievement of project objectives.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with several stakeholder groups.
- Deliver business value though on-time and on-budget delivery of results that exceed customer expectations.
- Identify, track, and proactively apprise management of issues and risks effecting project status, and offer compensating solutions.
- Build and execute effective project communication plans to ensure stakeholders, team members and impacted parties are appropriately apprised of the project goals, expectations, status and delivery.
- Lead or collaborate with matrixed teams comprised of IT and business, as well as internal and external resources including third party vendors, to ensure successful project delivery.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree from a Four (4) year College or University; or six (6) to eight (8) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PMI-PMP Certification or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in successfully managing large-scale, multi-million $ projects under aggressive timelines.
- 7 - 10 years of Project Management experience working in varied IT environments, preferably focused on systems integration and implementation, network or telecommunications management, or security.
- Prior experience in Financial Services technologies a plus; Mortgage industry experience a significant plus.
- 4 - 6 years working in agile (Scrum) environment.
- Exhibits strong business knowledge and analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and a high volume workload with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Must have unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical standards.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and solve a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exists. Ability to intemperate a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Customer Service Relationships:
Assesses and diffuses problem situations and requires influencing others to reach consensus. Requires tact and diplomacy to handle difficult customer relationships. Explores alternatives and creative solutions to meeting the needs of customers.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation , we are working with leading technologies to speed application development and transform our business in support of our continued growth. We are searching for an onsite Technical Lead to…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides analysis of busines…
As part of the IT group, the Director of Software Engineering Transformation will work with Freedom Mortgage leadership and software engineering teams in the modernization, transformation and execution of engineering practices. The ind…
The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy for our Human Resource technologies. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features and functionality that a…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation , we are working with leading technologies to create a Microservice Platform to help speed application development and transform our business in support of our continued growth. We are searchi…
The Team Coordinator will support the Product organization with daily functions and tasks related to technology systems and initiatives. This role will ensure proper analysis, timely delivery, communication, and risk management of initiati…
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides …
Summary: The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features…
Summary: The Product Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Product strategy. Will work closely with business leadership to identify and recommend desired features and functionality that…