Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Network Engineering and Operations, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as Senior Network Engineer and assist a team of highly-skilled engineers in core network infrastructure planning, design and deployment of network systems.
- Assist Network Engineering group in adhering to process and procedures laid out by management.
- Assist team in documentation, review and enhance network topology and performance
- Share team responsibility for capacity and availability planning and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Serves as subject matter expert and mentor to other Network Engineers.
- Must be capable of requirements analysis and preparing designs and plans for network systems, expansions and upgrades in order to provide connectivity as needs arise.
- Design, configuration, and deployment of new network environment services and enhancements to include routing, switching, firewall, and load balancing solutions
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing such as routers, firewalls, switches, wireless LAN controllers and physical cabling infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with network engineering standards and processes across AWS Cloud, multiple data centers and remote sites
- Plan and document new deployments and the associated network infrastructure changes
- Infrastructure device upgrades or replacements
- Investigate, troubleshoot, isolate, and document problems
- Understand network risk assessment process and contingency planning
- Research, analyze and implement software patches or hardware changes
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other areas of the infrastructure and applications teams
- Provide off-hours operational support when necessary and participate on the on-call rotation.
- Perform the top level of support for remote network staff
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance changes during off hours
- Lead, Mentor and develop key personnel
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimal 10 years’ experience in the field is required.
- Special emphasis on routing, switching, cloud networking and security network engineering topics.
- Advanced Knowledge of Enterprise class Cisco network switches (Nexus 5K, Catalyst 9xxx,39xx,29xx,69xx)
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Routers (ISR 4K series, ASR 1001)
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS and NXOS
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco NextGen Firewalls
- Experienced with Cisco ISE
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experienced with SD-WAN technologies (SilverPeak) a plus
- Experience with wireless networking technologies in the 802.11 protocol suite is required
- Advanced Knowledge of Layer 2 and 3 switching including STP, ARP, 802.1q VLANs, VTP, HSRP
- Advanced Knowledge of the ability to design, implement and support enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and static routing.
- Knowledge of Firewall and remote access solutions including Access-lists, NAT, SSL and IPSEC VPN, Site-to-Site and tunnels, Client-to-Site, and RSA.
- Understanding of IP Multicast architectures and related services.
- Knowledge of WAN circuit technologies and troubleshooting (Ethernet).
- Experience with network management applications and related protocols such as SNMP and Netflow is required.
- Knowledge of VOIP (Cisco and/or Interactive intelligence preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of VLANs, QOS, Firewalls, IDS/IPS design, IPSEC/SSL VPNs, and MPLS.
- Understanding of and experience applying Information Security concepts to core network infrastructure and data transport is required.
- Knowledge of A10 Load Balancers and deploying load balancers in AWS a plus
- Working knowledge of Network Management Suits like: Solarwinds, Liveaction, Cisco Prime
- Strong working knowledge of packet analysis technology and the ability to apply the knowledge quickly when troubleshooting a problem
- Experience in the design of new systems or upgrades to existing network systems. Experience in developing concepts of operations, requirements, basis of design, and design documents, and design drawings
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and problems as required.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast passed and high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to shift between multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn and display self-initiative with a positive attitude
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
A senior level developer responsible for leading a development team Provide hands on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team Coding approximately 50% of the time …
Senior Mulesoft Software Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searchin…
The Senior Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provi…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …
Job Description: Director We are looking for a Director, Software Engineering to provide Technical Leadership for al stages of Software design, development and maintenance of application for Document Management and…
Results oriented Software QA Manager with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 8 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations …
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional to join the Database Administration team in the role of Senior SQL Server Database Administrator. As part of the Database Administration team, the individual will…
Job Description: Technical Lead We are looking for a self-motivated hands-on Software Technical Lead to play a key role with a primary focus on enterprise wide Document Automation initiatives. This individual will …
Description Senior Mulesoft Software Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)…