This position is remote.
Soar With Us
Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad capabilities, and it’s demonstrated by our winning trajectory.
If you are…
- Conscientious. You’ll review various types of loans for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- A comfortable communicator. You’re a skilled communicator, comfortable conversing with third parties.
- Skilled in the field. You’ll keep your knowledge up-to-date and in perfect working order, covering multiple loan product guidelines, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to make decisions on mortgage loans.
- A great multitasker. You’ll determine accuracy and completeness of files, ensuring all processes are consistent, and communicate regularly with the sales team, processors, and management.
- A fair judge. You’ll exercise good judgment, being fair and honest in all aspects of your role, undertaking reasonableness tests and issuing quality decisions.
- A strong decision-maker. You’re confident in your work, making firm decisions based on fact and reasonableness without feeling the need to waver or crumble under pressure.
… then you belong in the Freedom family.
The Opportunity: Sr. Underwriter
Freedom Mortgage is seeking a professional and experienced Underwriter to underwrite residential loans in compliance with company and secondary market standards, and all applicable law. The role will see you examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, and will cover conventional, FHA, and Special Program loans. Our ideal Underwriter is extremely knowledgeable about all elements of their field, with incredible attention to detail and an analytical approach to ensure reviews are thorough and accurate. You’ll be a self-starter, able to deliver effective results in a busy and often changing environment.
What does the job look like?
As an Underwriter, your daily duties will include...
- Underwriting loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. This involves reviewing income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary reports, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals, and personal and business income statements.
- Deciding whether the file is complete enough to make your decision and requesting additional information if not.
- Using a fair and rational approach to make your decisions, undertaking reasonableness tests and ensuring your decisions are of high quality.
- Staying up to date with multiple loan product guidelines, as well as any other tools or requirements for you to excel in your role (such as TILA, RESPA, and Predatory Lending).
- Assisting in the preparation of repurchase responses and rebuttal reviews.
Education & Certification Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- DE, VA (LAPP/SAR), & FHA Designation (CHUMS) required.
If you invest your drive and commitment with us, you’ll realize an incredible return, in a diverse environment where all staff can grow and flourish. With excellent training and development opportunities available at all levels, a great benefits package, and a talented working family all around you, with Freedom, you’ll enjoy a rewarding, challenging, and exciting career where you can reach incredible new heights.
Soar With Us.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Government Underwriter This position is remote. Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans un…
Sr. Underwriter This position is remote. Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage…
Summary The Loss Mitigation Specialist will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home ownership or to ident…
The Jr Dialer Analyst role is responsible for the day-to-day business management of command center operations. This includes daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting, and software admin…
Position Description: The Call Center Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations. This person will be responsible for ensuring the department run efficiently while achieving and maintain…
SUMMARY: The Customer Outreach Specialist II will serve as the designated representative for Freedom’s customers that are in a loan default or potential loan default situation to find resolution to preserving home…
The Workforce Analyst, Jr is responsible for day-to-day management of Command Center operations. Including, daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting and software administration. Successful c…
Summary Individual will be responsible for the overall performance and management of multiple supervisors and their teams within the customer care call center. Essential Job Functions: …
Customer Success Agent Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment a…