*THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION*
This position will manage and support engagements and assessments of the internal control environment such SOC 1 and SOC 2 . The Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist will work with internal stakeholders and SME’s across the enterprise to develop and maintain control monitoring and certifications throughout the year, control statement validation and artifact and evidence collection, to coordinate report edits and updates and all approvals and signoffs, and to be a single point of contact for external parties for scheduling testing and interviews, evidence gathering/sharing, managing project deadlines, and finalizing all components. Activities take place through-out the year and this role will support and help manage enterprise related developments/coordination.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with internal partners to understand what deliverables are required and their requisite timing
- Partner with key stakeholders, internal customers, and subject matter experts to ensure milestones are successfully achieved
- Lead proactive readiness- assessments to assist control owners ensure controls are suitably designed and placed in operation, and that appropriate governance is in place
- Assist control owners with corrective action or remediation when issues are self-identified by control owners in development and maintenance of evidence/artifacts
- Follow-up on and review deliverables to ensure that they are received timely and complete
- Communicate to key stakeholders to ensure a no surprises environment
- Facilitate development, maintenance and delivery of consistent and meaningful reporting and metrics
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholders throughout all engagement phases
- Assist in the definition of project and engagement scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed and comprehensive plan to monitor and track progress
- Organize and participate in stakeholder status and control testing meetings
- Manage changes to the engagements scope and schedule
- Submit deliverables and ensure adherence to requirements
- Meet with individual team members to find and fix any issues
- Manage communication with external and internal stakeholders
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Train resources and stakeholders on engagement scope, deliverables, and process
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Aware and knowledgeable of changing requirements and industry risk trends.
- Ability to interpret and communicate all internal or external regulations, policies, and/or procedures.
Supervisory Resp onsibilities:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. An individual must have proficient experience and knowledge in the areas within the role. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a Four (4) year College or University and up to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years of prior experience in risk management or audit or relevant industry experience preferred
- Experience performing internal control reviews
- Knowledge of internal controls and professional standards and regulations.
- Project management or business analyst experience
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience in mortgage and/or financial services is preferred.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
*This position is REMOTE * Essential Job Functions: The Enterprise Guideline Change Management Department is responsible for the development, process desig…
(This position can be 100% remote) Director (Projects) is responsible managing business transformation and change initiativies identified by the CAO leadership team and prioritized by the VP Shared Services Liaison. This is a highly v…
Summary: The IT Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senior IT…
Summary: The Internal Auditor is responsible for the internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. Auditor is responsible for following audit methodology, providing audit support and preparing r…
Seeking a highly motivated individual to work with our Technical Support Center team in supporting our Core Platform areas. Provides technical support to users for complex computer related technical problems. Serves as the primary point of conta…
The First Flyer Product Delivery Engineer Program is a 2-year rotational training program that will the colleague to experience hands on training among 4 different teams in the technology side of the business. Structured similar to a colle…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include We are seeking a Senior Software engineer to join our progressive information technology team. This is an opportunity to develop your skills in …
Overall responsibilities include developing productivity analyses, managerial reporting and division operating metrics for the call center operations. Monitor financial and productivity performance and assist the leadership team in improvi…
Summary The Senior Reporting Analyst is responsible for developing complex reporting with an understanding of current business processes and metrics as they relate to the mortgage industry. This includes gathering…