The Sr Director, Regulatory Compliance is a member of the Compliance Self-Assessment Team within the Regulatory Compliance Department. S/he works under the direction of the VP, Regulatory Compliance and senior members of the Regulatory Compliance Department. The role of the Compliance Self-Assessment Team is to ensure that Freedom’s business processes are compliant with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations and that Freedom’s compliance controls are effective. The incumbent will identify any gaps in processes and implement corrective action.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Perform regulatory compliance monitoring and testing to evaluate compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Create and approve system user acceptance testing scenarios related to regulatory compliance for mortgage origination and servicing.
- Document and report findings to management.
- Evaluate trends in errors and assist business units with developing remediation action plans to modify and enhance business processes as appropriate.
- Assess the effectiveness of remediation action plans put into place by the business unit owners.
- Support management in responding to requests from auditors and examiners as needed.
- Assist Regulatory Compliance Counsel with targeted regulatory compliance testing, research and projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years direct experience in testing to evaluate the effectiveness of controls (may include audit, compliance, internal control, or other related testing)
- Proficiency in consumer protection laws and regulations governing mortgage origination and servicing
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Ellie Mae Encompass a plus, but not required.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation, a national lender headquartered in Southern New Jersey, is looking for an experienced Technical Lead with a strong technical background to work on implementation of automation solutions using IBM BPM. …
LOAN OFFICER LOCATION: Remote FREEDOM MORTGAGE The Loan Officer is a customer focused, inside sales position within the Call Center. Will be responsible for both in-bound and out-bound calls through marketing …
The Customer Advocate is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood t…
Senior Loan Advisor Freedom Mortgage Location: Remote The Senior Loan Advisor is a customer focused, inside sales position within the Call Center. Will be responsible for both in-bound and out-bound calls through m…
Senior Loan Advisor Freedom Mortgage Location:Remote The Senior Loan Advisor is a customer focused, inside sales position within the Call Center. Will be responsible for both in-bound and out-bound calls thro…
Mobile / Web UI Developer Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownersh…
Remote Position: Disclosures Specialist performs a variety of RESPA/HMDA related duties for the Traditional Retail (TR) Channel. Ensuring the delivery of accurate and timely initial disclosures and re-disclosures that fully comply w…
REMOTE The Closing Team Lead is responsible for coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and industry standard rules and regulations. Serves as an escalation to help solve s…
Summary The Loan Title Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Title Related Functions needed as part of the Loan Application Process. This position may include but is not limited to analyzing Title Commitments…