DescriptionThe Sr. Director, Regulatory Compliance is a senior member of Freedom's Legal/Compliance team, reporting to the VP, Regulatory Compliance Counsel. The position is responsible for overseeing Freedom's management of external regulatory and client exams. The position works closely with Freedom’s business units and senior leadership to respond appropriately to external examination requests and to apply changes in laws and regulations and assess impacts to the Company’s processes, policies, and procedures. The position works closely with all business units at Freedom.
(THIS POSITION WILL BE 100% REMOTE)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the management of external exams by clients, Agencies, GSEs, and state and federal regulators, and maintain effective relationships internally and externally. Provide leadership and guidance to the company in managing and responding to external exams.
- Provide “hands on” interpretation and participate in the implementation of compliance requirements into the various business units in the Company’s activities, including regulatory compliance changes in Federal of state laws, rules and regulations, changes in Agency requirements, as well as changes arising from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac servicing guidelines.
- Ensures audits are performed in accordance with regulatory, departmental and professional standards
- Acts as representative and key liaison to various internal and external auditors and examiners while performing their responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Work directly with lines of business to ensure all audit requests are addressed.
- Conducts legal research using LexisNexus and All Regs.
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting Freedom’s commitment to compliance.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring the audit engagement progress is required.
- Bachelors Degree Required, JD Preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a high production environment.
- Ability to understand and handle complex and diversified work.
- Ability to conduct legal research.
- Should be detail oriented and possess a high degree of organizational skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions of the position either with or without reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall review reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The following statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as an all-inclusive list of all the work requirements of the position. Freedom Mortgage Corporation may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Senior Business Analyst with the IT Business Solutions department formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable busi…
Summary This position will perform assigned functions within the Servicing Governance and Control team in a timely and accurate manner. The primary role, of the…
Summary This position is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of all mortgage lien/satisfaction documents ensuring all regulatory and state/county guidelines are met. Essential Jo…
100% Remote Option We are looking to hire a Senior Linux Server Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operations of the infrastructure systems to meet the required SLA's for both the enterprise and customer facing …
The IT Governance Risk & Controls Specialist is responsible for evaluating information technology control design and effectiveness to support Freedom Mortgage Corporation's information technology objectives. Embedding IT controls and monito…
Summary The Capital Markets Analyst reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Capital Markets and will support Freedom Mortgage’s private label securitization activities. This high profile position wil…
Bankruptcy Management Analyst Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve …
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. We are searching for onsite Java / JEE Senior Software Engine…