(This position can be 100% Remote)
The Senior Director, Payroll Architect is accountable for the overall Payroll Program that serves and supports the design and delivery of Payroll programs for the Archwell family of companies (8-14). This role will oversee the implementation of the existing Archwell Interim-State through development and implementation of a planned shared services future state model including the associated systems and integrations.
In this role, the Senior Director, Payroll Architecture will use their Payroll expertise to lead a team of 1-2 through implementation and then assume leadership of all Payroll operations and the to be named Payroll team. This team will have a unique opportunity to design and build the Payroll operation of the future that includes process, people and technology.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Provides oversight to Payroll Interim State Payroll Program development, implementation and operations.
- Partners with existing and future state design teams including but not limited to Payroll, HRIS, Compliance, Finance, Legal, etc. to implement the future state Payroll function.
- Utilize both ADP and Workday expertise to consult and deliver solutions that will ensure a best in class Payroll Delivery Service.
- Oversee the architecting, configuring, and testing of the HCM/Payroll solution to meet the specific requirements for both interim state and future state Payroll Programs.
- Assesses and escalates issues to leadership and suggests resolutions
- Provide insights into leading practices across all aspects of Payroll including relevant ways in which organizations are leveraging modern technology.
- Develop technology implementation strategies which detail key activities and milestones, timing, and resource needs for the development and deployment of future state Payroll programs.
- Possesses knowledge of key business processes (e.g., Payroll, Taxes, etc. for all 50 states).
- Reviews status, manages schedules, monitors progress, tracks budget execution, and prepares status reports.
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to all Payroll staff
- Maintains balanced workload of the team and acts as the escalation point for all teams
- Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership, to deliver high quality products that satisfy internal and external customer expectations.
- Serves as the expert for all Payroll related processes, systems to both project and operation teams
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position will initially lead 1-2 team members and a full team upon completion of the future state Payroll program.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 15+ years of experience Payroll Operations, Payroll consulting or both
- 10+ years of experience in developing and executing on strategic roadmaps.
- Relevant experience designing and deployment Payroll Operations programs
- Strong functional knowledge of Payroll and Payroll Operations, Organization Design, and Change Management preferred.
- Current working knowledge of both ADP and Workday systems
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on multiple projects at the same time.
- Collaborative leader with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Strong understanding of P/L and business operational excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
- Achievements in coaching, influencing, strategy and problem solving.
Ability to read business journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, managers, employees, customers and/or the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and solve a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exists. Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Customer Service Relationships:
Ability to assess and diffuse problem situations and to influence others to reach consensus. This requires tact and diplomacy to handle difficult customer relationships. Explores alternatives and creative solutions to meeting the needs of customers.
Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your leader or to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
(This position will be 100% Remote.) Summary: The Senior Payroll Analyst performs a wide variety of payroll processing activities to ensure the accuracy of the payroll for all employees. Will serves as a…
Summary The Marketing Project Manager develops plans, provides reporting, and builds the organizational processes to effectively implement and manage Marketing deliverables. This position provides direction to sup…
Position Summary: The Associate Director of Technical SEO will be responsible for key elements of the organic search marketing channel for Freedom Mortgage’s websites. They will oversee techni…
Senior Director Project Operations – PMO As a senior leader within the IT PMO, the Director for Project Operations is critical to the success of the company’s initiatives through the direct management o…
Freedom Mortgage is looking for a dynamic, passionate, and energetic Customer Audit and Review of Escalations Specialist (C.A.R.E.) to support our Call Center operations. The purpose of the role is to provide a research driven resource to Call Center…
- Responsible for leading delivery of BPM automation solution through the lifecycle of feasibility analysis, development, deployment, monitoring, and enhancements. - &nbs…
(This position can be 100% remote) Director (Projects) is responsible managing business transformation and change initiativies identified by the CAO leadership team and prioritized by the VP Shared Services Liaison. This is a highly v…
We are seeking a fullstack engineer with strong Node.js and functional programming (Scala & Ruby) skills. Our applications leverage Node.js, Bootstrap, JQuery, Mondo DB, Elastic Search, Redis, React.js and delightful interactive experience t…
The Business Process Management (BPM) Developer is responsible for the development of BPM and Workflow related projects and initiatives. The BPM Developer is responsible for contributing to the development of methodologies and best prac…