Essential Job Functions:
The Senior Business Rules Analyst is responsible for the execution of the business rule management process to ensure that business rules are valid and verified throughout the life cycle of the rules. Using experience and knowledge of mortgage lending operations, policy, process, procedures, guidelines, eligibility, and regulations, the business rule analyst serves as the bridge between the business and the information technology application and development groups often acting in a consulting or advisory role and striving to ensure that all development rule decisions are aligned with the core business process. This role manages business rules to reflect changes, manage risks that could interfere with the implementation of business rules, maintains traceability of rules, researches existing business rules, ensures that business rules meet pre-defined quality criteria, and establishes a common vocabulary and standards to ensure consistent terminology across the Company. The role creates and has oversight of rule related project documents adhering to business rules management governance process, presents project related documents to stakeholders, communicates at all levels, provide project reporting, and manages project expectation on behalf of business rule risk management leadership team.
Other Related Duties:
- Research, analyze, and maintain rules within FMCs business source rule repository. These rules are used for business policy, process, and procedure enforcement and process automation.
- Maintain the traceability of each rule (i.e., identifying where the rule came from – meaning and origin, and how and where it is implemented within business process) in order to be able to perform impact analysis for changes or revisions of rules.
- Integrate new or revised rules into the existing set of rules.
- Ensure the quality of the rules (consistent syntax, readability, etc.).
- Analyze business rules to identify conflicts, redundancies, etc.
- Ensure the consistency of business rules across functions and systems.
- Make recommendations for business rule changes based on business knowledge.
- Facilitate resolution of business rule issues.
- Guidance and back up support for areas in quality control, GSE and government agency risk mitigation, and regulatory research and analysis.
- Manage risks that may hamper implementation of business rules
- Promote awareness about the business rules approach.
- Ensure the rules use consistent terminology and are readable and understood by the business
- Ensure all rule and process changes from the business are coordinated with all impacted areas and departments and are reflected and applied accurately in business rules updates and maintained.
- Structure the rules based on logical models, domain, and taxonomy according to the business rules management governance, standards, and guidelines.
- Collaborate with partners, contributors, SMEs and other business stakeholders across the organization and in multiple mortgage lending channels to understand changing processes, policies, and procedures impacting business rules.
- Collaborate with Information Technology partners such as, developers, project managers, and business analysts as needed to implement business rule changes.
- Develop and/or collaborate in the execution of business rule project documentation including specs, requirements, and source rule repository data.
- Oversight of UAT test plans, scripts, and cases; review and retest of test of results as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. An individual must have proficient experience and knowledge in the areas within the role. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Focus teams on achieving desired outcomes in a responsive and timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Subject matter expertise in various policies and processes across mortgage operations.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Self-motivated, willing to lead, take charge, offer opinions and direction. Escalates appropriately in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate and to interact with all levels of the organization. Listens openly, understands root causes and clearly conveys messages and information.
- Multi-tasking able to properly perform multiple duties at once.
- Effectively manages stress in a fast-paced setting.
- Works effectively with others to accomplish objectives and goals. Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Information Risk Manager is responsible for driving the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and management of security risks. The Manager will focus primarily on the maintenance of an effective Information Security program an…
Summary The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual wi…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers and teammates to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment. Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting. Extract data from enterprise relational databases…
Software Performance Engineer At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include WebSphere Portal Server in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to help transform our business. …
Design, develop, deploy and support reports and dashboards within an enterprise reporting environment Translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations and reporting Extract data …
Provide vision and direction to key IT initiatives by integrating processes, systems, and information to fulfill objectives impacting multiple business stakeholders. Initiate, plan and execute projects while monitoring a…
The Business Process Management (BPM) Developer is responsible for the development of BPM and Workflow related projects and initiatives. The BPM Developer is responsible for contributing to the development of methodologies and best prac…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. …