This position is remote.
The regulatory analyst supports the HMDA and Fair Lending division within Freedom mortgage through the research, development, and reporting of regulatory data. The analyst will be responsible for transforming data into information that can be utilized to make business decisions and actions, and support the reporting of HMDA, Fair Lending, Fair Servicing, and MCR data. The analyst is responsible for acquiring data from multiple sources, creating reports on a regular basis, correcting code or data issues, and enduring data remains error free, and organized.
The Analyst will assist in gathering and reporting data or information required for other various State and Federal purposes.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Prepare and evaluate data in support of HMDA, Fair Lending, and Fair Servicing reporting and monitoring.
- Provide assistance in the coordination, research, and preparation of in-depth regulatory data for the enterprise.
- Conduct routine analysis of lending and servicing activities for indications of potential issues, inaccuracies, and inconsistencies.
- Partner with enterprise technology and data governance teams to troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis of identified discrepancies.
- Compile and report information from various source systems to develop a consolidated view of data trends to support analytics.
- Gather and compile information from various data sources.
- Interpret data by using statistical techniques to interpret the results from the data to generate reports.
- Identify trends by reviewing information and interpreting any patterns or useful trends in the data sets.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business needs and stay up to date with the goals of the organization; work with cross functional departments to find ongoing opportunities of improvement.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Other Related Duties:
- Query WebFocus data warehouse.
- Works on special projects as requested by the Compliance Officer, Counsel, and Senior Management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED Required. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access is preferred.
- Proficiency with SQL database is preferred.
- Proficiency with WebFocus is preferred.
- Proficiency with SAS Enterprise Guide is preferred.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use repetitive hand motion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
**This is a remote position. ** Summary The Director of Property Risk Management is responsible for oversight of the company’s property valuation controls, third party appraiser, and appraisal managemen…
**REMOTE OPPORTUNITY** Summary This position is part of a newly created team that will focus on enterprise information technology, information security, cybersecurity, and technology risks. The role wi…
Summary The Default Business Process Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Default Management. They work closely with change m…
The Sr Business Analyst formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides …
The Information Risk Manager is responsible for driving the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and management of security risks. The Manager will focus primarily on the maintenance of an effective Information Security program an…
Sr. Underwriter This position is remote. Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage…
Summary The Change Management Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Servicing Management. The Change Management Analyst identifies new regulations and using di…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
Summary The Bankruptcy Management Analyst is responsible for managing third party relationships which includes, but is not limited to: monitoring vendor performance, ensuring vendor compliance with regulatory entit…