Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership.
At Freedom Mortgage, while we relentlessly work towards that commitment to foster homeownership for everyone, at the same time we are razor focused with providing the best digital experience for our customers.
We realize in this day and age, in addition to being able to receive outstanding voice service, it is essential for our business to provide a facility to our customers to manage their mortgage on the web. We are also mindful of creating a consistent user experience for our customers across all engagement channels.The Full Stack Java UI Developer position will be key to our roadmap of defining a customer-focused, compelling, consistent, sustainable and profitable experience for our web platform. If you are excited about utilizing your skills and experience to partner with the our architects and business unit leaders to define and build on that roadmap, this position is for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibilities are focused on the Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing of Freedom Mortgage website.
- Requirements clarification and estimation.
- Work with department Technical Lead and Architect and assist them with planning the implementation.
- Be able to create a Freedom Mortgage defined security compliant yet user friendly experience for customers on the web.
- Be responsible for web development for our dot com site.
- Be able to coordinate and review work being delivered by other developers and software partners in the web development space.
- Utilize analytical skills to create technical solutions for business processes.
- Ability to consult and build technology requirements for improving resiliency and availability of production applications.
- Constantly learn and supplement current knowledge and skills with other relevant technology as defined by the enterprise team.
- Self-starter – This position will need an ideal candidate to self-learn technology and app landscape.
- Willingness to go above and beyond, both in terms of availability and skills, in times of need.
- An overall experience of 8+ years in hands on coding and other SDLC activities in web development space.
- Expert in developing and supporting Java based web applications using Java 1.8+.
- Expert in developing applications using Springboot and Spring MVC framework.
- Experience creating and integrating Java based RESTful APIs.
- 2 + years of work experience in any Cloud Computing platform (preferably AWS, Azure).
- Expert in developing and supporting applications built on JSP / Servlet technology.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals: Data Structures and Algorithms, Network Architecture.
- Experience in application performance monitoring using enterprise tool. (Example: New Relic)
- Previous experience of supporting real-time enterprise level production application is considered a huge plus.
- Previous development work experience of application rewrite from legacy to modern UI technology is a plus.
- Exposure to Angular 6 and above will be considered as a plus.
- Exposure to microservice based architecture will be considered a plus.
- Experience working in applications hosted on HCL (/IBM) WebSphere portal server will be considered a plus.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technology field
- Relevant professional certification will be considered as a testament to the candidate being on a constant learning path.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Freedom Mortgage is seeking an enthusiastic and data driven IT professional to join the Information Management (IM) team. The primary job responsibility will be to work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Engineers, Developers and …
Description At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working with leading technologies that include Mulesoft to manage our move toward Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We are searching for experienced, senior level Mulesoft Develo…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage, while…
Summary The position initiates, plans and executes IT programs while monitoring and controlling the individual project work streams to ensure the timely delivery of quality solutions. This individual wi…
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is one of America’s largest privately held mortgage companies whose mission is to help enable our customers to realize the American dream of home ownership. At Freedom Mortgage Corporation, we are working…
Develop and implement new software solutions, primarily integrations between cloud SaaS platforms (e.g. Workday ERP) and other cloud or internal systems. Design, Build, Test, and Deploy Workday Integration solutions using Enterp…
Utilize your collaborative skills to work with business partners, IT managers/staff, to ensure high reliability, availability, and performance of applications. Build resilient application that can scale appropriately based on business needs. Par…
The ETL Developer is responsible for the Technical Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of ETL processes for a growing data warehouse. Essential Job Functio…
Sr. Windows Administrator Job Description We are looking to hire a skilled and motivated Sr. Windows Server Administrator who will be responsible for the day to day operations …