The Property Preservation Specialist will be responsible for reviewing reports produced by our preservation vendor and identifying any and all issues which will prevent deterioration to the Freedom Mortgage serviced asset. The Property Preservation Specialist may be responsible for filing hazard claims on damaged properties, reviewing work orders submitted by field vendors, coordinating preservation efforts, and also adhering to all local ordinances by registering properties at the appointed time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for ordering and managing property inspections and preservation needs for properties serviced by Freedom Mortgage.
- Responsible for ordering and reviewing bids for property preservation work and property securing as needed.
- Monitor vacant property, damaged property, and bad address reports from preservation vendor.
- Work with preservation vendor to ensure all preservation requirements are met as outlined by each investor.
- Work with Foreclosure department, HUD contractors, and Preservation vendor to placed properties into conveyance condition as outlined by HUD.
- Order and mange Vacant Property Registrations and de-registration process.
- Work with Hazard Claim Vendor to file claims, and repair damaged properties.
- Work with local code enforcement officers to remediate any property violations.
- Responsible for conducting monthly vendor scorecard audits.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with directives, both verbal and electronic, from regulatory agencies, CFPB, GSE’s, investors and insurers for Default Services functional work groups
- Understand and Adhere to Claims Processing procedures conducted in compliance with Freedom
- Mortgage, GSE, and Private Mortgage Insurer requirements as well as CFPB, state and federal guidelines.
- Review of various current reports and assistance with identification of new reports, including ensuring department SLAs are met
- Establish and foster a work culture at all levels within the operation which is positive, collaborative, respectful, optimistic, and capable of driving long term operational sustainability.
- Serve as primary point of contact to internal and external parties for escalations related to one or more business functions in pre/post foreclosure areas to minimize reputational impact to Freedom Mortgage and ensure optimal resolution for business unit.
- Work with management to develop and implement new or revised processes and guidelines and realize process efficiencies and potential gaps created within Preservation department or with designated vendor.
- Assist with delegations of new case assignment, case resolution, and timely reimbursement for services rendered to vendor(s).
- Reviewing account history and putting together a chronological history of the preservation efforts.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Advanced knowledge of FHA, VA, conventional, FHLMC, FNMA and private investor guidelines regarding Mortgage Default Servicing guidelines
- Knowledge of Mortgage Bankruptcy, Property Preservation, Foreclosure, or REO servicing
- Experience using Fiserv.
- Conflict resolution, Negotiation and Process improvement skills.
- Vendor Management/Support experience
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required; or One to Three years Mortgage Default Servicing Claims experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess the ability to work independently as a team player and adapt to a fluid work environment with changing regulations and processes. Detail oriented, excellent problem solving and organization skills. Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe Professional.
Possess the ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos, and work place policies. Ability to analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedures and governmental regulations. Possess the ability to write professional correspondences and speak effectively with other employees and/or customers. Present formal information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees and respond to questions from groups of administrators, managers, employees, customers and/or the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to carry out detailed written and/or verbal instructions and solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.#CB
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Change Management Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Servicing Management. The Change Management Analyst identifies new regulations and using d…
Soar with Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
Summary The Research Specialist is responsible for the processing of Customer Care related tasks including but not limited to: borrower written correspondence, borrower statements/letters, credit bureau reporting, …
The Title Analyst I – Servicing Operations Support is responsible for filing loan policy insurance claims against title issues as recommended by legal counsel or as determined upon examination of title reports, while ensuring compliance of…
Summary The Mediation Specialist will have the primary responsibility of making an appearance for in-person or by phone mediations with various courts, judges and attorneys. Through conference calls or in writing; dete…
Position Description: Supervises internal Call Center inbound and outbound customer telephone activities and functions including, but not limited to Customer…
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will inc…
The Title Analyst II – Servicing Operations Support is responsible for filing loan policy insurance claims against title issues as recommended by legal counsel or as determined upon examination of title reports. Evaluate and examine proper…
Summary: The Valuations Specialist I is responsible for functions related to fulfillment of the property valuations orders for all Servicing Operations, while ensuring complian…