Soar With Us
Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is only possible through our vast knowledge base and broad capabilities, and it’s demonstrated by our winning trajectory.
If you are…
- A team player . You thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are positive, collaborative, respectful, optimistic, and capable of driving long-term operational sustainability.
- A stellar communicator. You listen, understand, and engage with colleagues, customers, and other agencies with confidence and expertise.
- Precise. You have eagle-eyed accuracy, are confident with numbers, have to the ability to go through documents, and analyze details to gain a complete picture of circumstances.
- Tech savvy. You know your way around a computer and can pick up new programs in a snap, utilizing organizational tools to support your efficiency and performance.
- Timely. You never miss a deadline and your work is always completed within established requirements to minimize all associated losses.
- Knowledgeable in your field. You understand and can adhere to Claims Processing procedures in compliance with Freedom.
… then you belong in the Freedom family.
The Opportunity: Property Preservation Specialist
We’re looking for a highly motivated Property Preservation Specialist to join our Freedom family. Our ideal Property Preservation Specialist will possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. You’ll be responsible for reviewing Preservation Vendor reports, filing hazard claims on damaged properties, and coordinating preservation efforts. You’ll also adhere to local ordinances by registering properties at the appointed time in an exciting and ever-changing environment.
What does the job look like?
As a Property Preservation Specialist, your daily duties may include...
- Ordering and managing property inspections and preservation needs for properties serviced by Freedom Mortgage.
- Ordering and reviewing bids for property preservation work and property securing.
- Monitoring vacant property, damaged property, and bad address reports, as well as managing Vacant Property Registrations and the deregistration process.
- Ensuring all preservation requirements are met as outlined by each investor.
- Working with the Foreclosure department, HUD contractors, and Preservation Vendor to place properties into the proper conveyance condition as outlined by HUD.
- Filing claims to repair damaged properties.
- Collaborating with local code enforcement officers to remediate any property violations.
- Conducting vendor scorecard audits.
- Ensuring compliance from regulatory agencies, CFPB, GSE’s, investors and insurers for Default Services functional work groups.
- Ensuring department SLAs are met.
- Delegating new case assignments, case resolutions, and timely reimbursements for services rendered to vendors.
- Reviewing account histories and putting together a chronological history of preservation efforts.
Education & Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of Mortgage Default Servicing Claims experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Advanced knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional, FHLMC, FNMA and private investor guidelines regarding Mortgage Default Servicing guidelines required
- Knowledge of Mortgage Bankruptcy, Property Preservation, Foreclosure, or REO servicing required
- Experience using Fiserv required
- Conflict resolution, Negotiation and Process improvement skills required
- Previous Vendor Management/Support experience required
- Experience with Excel, Word, Adobe Professional, and Outlook required
If you invest your drive and commitment with us, you’ll realize an incredible return, in a diverse environment where all staff can grow and flourish. With excellent training and development opportunities available at all levels, a great benefits package, and a talented working family all around you, with Freedom, you’ll enjoy a rewarding, challenging, and exciting career where you can reach incredible new heights.
Soar With Us.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary: The Default Oversight Specialist is responsible for review of call center performance. Reviews include compliance, performance, and adherence to existing protocols. Employee will ensur…
Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for working directly with governmental, special servicing, private label, and high profile investors while making decisions and providing resolutions regarding foreclosure issues in order to minimize risks a…
Freedom Mortgage is looking for a dynamic, passionate, and energetic Customer Audit and Review of Escalations Specialist (C.A.R.E.) to support our Call Center operations. The purpose of the role is to provide a research driven resource to Call Center…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and home ownership. This i…
Summary The Escalations Specialist is responsible for assisting Freedom’s customers to address disputes or concerns; resolve them in a timely manner, and to ensure the customer’s satisfaction. This will…
Summary: The Default Referral Analyst III will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and processing an assigned portfolio of accounts in pre-foreclosure status. Under the direction of the Default Referral Superv…
The primary role of the Default Business Control Specialist is to assist in the management of departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing wi…
The Customer Experience Complaint Analyst is responsible for the oversight and improvement of complaint root cause analysis and the development and maintenance of systems for managing service co…
Foreclosure Specialist III Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve the…