The Project Review UW is responsible for reviewing documentation in detail for all new and existing condominium and cooperative projects to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as the requirements of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac credit policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure condominiums and cooperatives projects are reviewed accurately and promptly.
- Ensure condominiums and cooperatives meet Fannie Mae guidelines.
- Determine eligibility of a project by review of Project Questionnaire, Appraisals, Budgets and financial statements/1120S, Bylaws, Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions- CC&R’s Insurance Declarations, Leasehold Agreements, and Offering Plans & Amendments.
- Communicate project status (approval, suspense, denial) to all appropriate parties
- Primary contact for HOA, Management Agents, Developers, Sponsors, and coop boards to obtain any additional information
- Project Underwriter will be required to maintain our internal database
- Ensure data accuracy
- Deliver excellent customer service to Sales and Operations staff.
- The Project Review Underwriter will work closely with operations to expedite review and approval of condo and coop projects according to FMC policy. The Project Review Underwriter will provide coaching and problem resolution to the operations staff on condo and coop requirements
- The Project Review underwriter will also complete other miscellaneous credit related duties as assigned by the Project Review Desk Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate mastery of condo and co-op requirements
- Communicate to both internal and external contacts clearly and concisely
- Respond to elevated items quickly and work with Managers to expedite resolution
- Collaborate with operations as needed to resolve problems and questions timely
- Provide timely reports as needed or requested.
- Adhere to service level agreements while working in a high volume environment
- Teamwork oriented, detailed and exceptional customer service
- Pipeline Management experience required
- Residential Mortgage Credit Underwriting experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Three to five years of related mortgage credit guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of FNMA & Freddie Mac condo and coop underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of Investor and MI company guidelines.
- Ability to differentiate between new and established projects.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae CPM and All Regs.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) preferred
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
*Remote Opportunity* SUMMARY The Team Leader is responsible for directing the workflow for the Pre-Funding Quality Analyst(s) and PFQA Underwriters, and reporting issues to the PFQA Manager. The Team Le…
Summary: The candidate for the QC Analyst position must have mortgage knowledge with a minimum of 5 years of experience in either mortgage processing, underwriting and/or extensive quality control background, knowl…
Summary Do you want a career in Underwriting? Join our rapidly growing company and learn from the best! This position offers an excellent training program with a competitive salary, great benefits and career advanc…
The Servicing Letter Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of outbound letters, ensuring all required letters and disclosures created by Freedom Mortgage Corporation are appropriately maintained within the Servicing system of record. Will…
The Coordinator, Correspondence Sr. is responsible for the creation and maintenance of machine-derived letters and some manual letters for all Servicing lines of business, ensuring all required letters and disclosures created by Freedom Mortgage…
The Junior Letter Coordinator is responsible for the generation of manual letters and some machine-derived letters that need additional attention required by contractual and state default letter requirements; i.e. the manual addition…
THIS POSITION CAN BE 100% REMOTE The Manager, Loss Recovery will be responsible for managing the daily activities related to reviewing / auditing defaulted loans to determine opportunities to recover losses from…
The Manager, Default Change Controls is responsible for the management of a team of Default Business Process Analysts who are overseeing project completion and change management items for Default. The Manager works collaboratively with various Defaul…
Summary: The Property Preservation Supervisor will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the default invoice processing support staff. Will carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the…