DescriptionThe Payroll Tax Manager is in charge of adherence to all payroll related local, state, federal tax laws and procedures on behalf of Freedom Mortgage in relation to audits, tax filing, legislation and managing tax records. This role includes finding solutions to payroll tax irregularities by gathering and analyzing data to perform modifications. The Payroll Tax Manager will update and manage the payroll tax system and administer technical and professional tax knowledge by taking active part in overseeing payroll tax projects. This role will organize and guarantee proper workings of tax operations and other non-cash transactions, which include executive compensation agenda.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the organization's compliance with payroll tax reporting, filing and withholding responsibilities.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and year-end balancing, reconciling and auditing of payroll taxes and W2.
- Present executive summaries and presentations upon request. Lead special projects in field area.
- Functionally plan and execute improvements of procedure in relation to payroll tax to promote effectiveness, efficiency and precision.
- Provide research, analysis and necessary reconciliation to respond and resolve agency related payroll tax adjustments.
- Render assistance to organization in attaining their goals through tax advisory, audits and assessment of risk.
- Ascertain the organization's yearly earnings, investments and expenses are recorded with completeness and accuracy.
- Carry out research on ramifications of tax laws and give guidance to leadership on tax related matters.
- Assist in minimizing tax uncertainties involving acquisitions and other business related transactions.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Bachlelor's Degree Required, Master's Degree preferred.
- 5-8 Experinace in Corporate Paryoll Taxes.
- Experience with top tier HCM or Payroll systems (UltiPro/UKG Experiance Required)
- Business process improvement experience.
- Ability to negotiate positive resolutions with customers and payroll tax agencies.
- General accounting experience and proficient in excel.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Reporting into the Recruitment Leadership team, this role will drive recruiting initiatives and process improvements for the Freedom Organization. The ideal candidate will possess a team-oriented mindset with demonstrated ability to design, impl…
The High Volume Corporate Recruiter is responsible for the development and implementation of recruitment strategies for the assigned business unit(s). They will manage the identification and selection of talent from internal and external ca…
The Freedom Mortgage Human Resources Project Manager is accountable for improving the overall maturity of Program & Project management across the organization. This role will lead alongside a team of Program/Project Managers and Project Admi…
(This position can be 100% remote) The Freedom Mortgage HR Change Manager is accountable for implementing Change Management strategies and activities to mobilize and engage stakeholders for prioritized projects across the organization…
(This position can be 100% Remote) The Freedom Mortgage HR Program Manager position will be responsible for proactively leading Human Resource end-to-end projects/programs, disseminating knowledge, project identification (in part…
Summary The Corporate Recruiter is responsible to lead the recruiting process for all divisions, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring. A successful Corporate Recruiter wil…
Summary This role will serve as the primary HR leader for the assigned business unit and ensure alignment of business and HR strategies, service and delivery. …
(This position can be 100% Remote) Summary: The Senior Director, Payroll Architect is accountable for the overall Payroll Program that serves and supports the design and delivery of Payroll programs for…
Summary The Director of Business Process Management provides leadership to drive continuous quality improvement efforts and achieve results on strategic priorities, as evidenced by data. This is an opportuni…