The Risk Analyst II will be responsible for shared oversight of the firm’s operational risk management strategy within our originations/operations Wholesale and/or Retail channels of business. Will lead risk management related projects and develop plans to improve controls and document procedures.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Perform analysis of varying data associated with enterprise risk management at Freedom Mortgage for any executive/senior level management.
- Lead special projects of varying topics and degrees of sensitivity, as needed.
- Participate during audits and/or due diligence from investors, warehouse lines, or any other necessary internal reviews.
- Act in a vendor management role with external Operations Risk vendors.
- Identify gap analysis of controls to weaknesses.
- Partner with business to develop corrective action plans to improve controls intended to mitigate risks.
- Strong communication skills with executive and senior management during risk control reviews. This includes strong presentation skills.
- Ensure documented procedures within Operations Risk remain current and maintained.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of the mortgage industry risk trends, requirements.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely flexible in the workday activities.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to read, interpret, apply, and communicate policies and procedures that may be complex.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, recognizes and acts on changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time and multitask.
- Must be MS Office proficient.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; five (5) to ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be operations oriented with strong project management skills.
- Prior mortgage originations/operations experience with Wholesale and/or Retail - origination, processing, closing or post closing experience preferred.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary: The Mortgage Servicing Quality Control Supervisor manages the day to day activities of Servicing QC Specialist and Servicing QC Team Lead positions. They hire, train and monitor workloads of their team, including re…
The Mortgage Servicing Quality Control Director - Performing Loans is responsible for developing, planning, overseeing, and conducting quality control reviews of the various servicing areas in accordance with regulatory and agency standards. Thi…
Summary: The candidate for the QC Analyst position must have mortgage knowledge with a minimum of 5 years of experience in either mortgage processing, underwriting and/or extensive quality control background, know…
The Director of the Investigations Unit will report directly to the SVP of the Investigations Unit, and ultimately the CRO/Risk Division. This position will be responsible for developing and leading investigations across the business including f…
Summary The Final Document Specialist is responsible for the retrieval, processing and corrections to the original recorded security instruments and final title policies to ensure perfected liens. This positi…
Summary The Corporate Trainer will support the Corporate Training Manager in the development, organization and facilitation of training materials and courses to ensure company training requirements are met for empl…
Summary: The Wholesale Operations Manager role provides leadership support for a specific function within a Wholesale regional operations center. Scope includes client facing operations management of specific…
Summary The Wholesale Post Closing Corrections person is responsible for reviewing post-closing CD requests received from numerous areas. If the correction is deemed valid, a CD re-disclosure will be completed. …
Position may be remote Summary: The Project Review UW is responsible for reviewing documentation in detail for all new and existing condominium and cooperative projects to ensure compliance with intern…