The candidate for the QC Analyst position must have mortgage knowledge with a minimum of 5 years of experience in either mortgage processing, underwriting and/or extensive quality control background, knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and VA guidelines is required. Knowledge of mortgage lending compliance such as TRID, TILA, AIR, etc. is highly desired. The position requires the QC Analyst to re-underwrite closed loans for various loan programs. The candidate should have knowledge of post funding and final docs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to perform a quality audit for all Standard QC, EPD's, FPD's and Target Audits for all loan types including but not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and Private Investors.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate income, assets, credit and property reviews accurately and precisely.
- Ability to analyze all AUS findings and manually underwritten loans.
- Practical experience to interpret all internal and external policies and procedures provided by all agencies and Freedom Mortgage's internal overlays.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Analysts must be able to articulate the issues, concerns and summary of the audit.
- Must be able to utilize all databases and software necessary to house the audit information and provide necessary work papers in an electronic format as directed by management.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely flexible in the workday activities.
- Ensure re-verification activity was performed and it validates the information used to approve and close the loan.
- Check all audit findings for completeness and accuracy.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- This position requires a minimum of 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must include a minimum of 3-4 years of processing, underwriting, and/or quality control experience.
- Full understanding of all Product Types (FHA, VA, Conventional & USDA)
- Familiar with a variety of mortgage banking concepts, practices and procedures. Working knowledge of compliance regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment, recognizes and acts on changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Prioritization skills.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
Summary The Final Document Specialist is responsible for the retrieval, processing and corrections to the original recorded security instruments and final title policies to ensure perfected liens. This positi…
The Director of the Investigations Unit will report directly to the SVP of the Investigations Unit, and ultimately the CRO/Risk Division. This position will be responsible for developing and leading investigations across the business including f…
(This is a fully remote role) The Risk Analyst will be responsible for shared oversight of the firm’s operational risk management strategy within Servicing. Will lead risk management related projects and d…
**This position may be remote** Position Overview The Director – Quality Control Servicing is responsible for management of the Quality Control program at RoundPoint f…
Summary: The Internal Auditor is responsible for the internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. Auditor is responsible for following audit methodology, providing audit support and preparing r…
Summary: The IT Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senior IT…
Reporting to the Chief Audit Executive, the VP-Internal Audit directs and manages all day to day (non-IT) audit activities, including the oversight of all ongoing internal audits and management of audit staff. Coordinating wit…
Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for the development and execution of internal audits which includes the below essential job functions. As an audit process and/or subject matter expert, the Senio…
Summary The Jr Call Center Analyst is responsible for day to day management of command center operations. Including, daily telephony management, workforce & staffing-level management, data analysis, reporting a…