The candidate for the QC Analyst position must have mortgage knowledge with a minimum of 5 years of experience in either mortgage processing, underwriting and/or extensive quality control background, knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and VA guidelines is required. Knowledge of mortgage lending compliance such as TRID, TILA, AIR, etc. is highly desired. The position requires the QC Analyst to re-underwrite closed loans for various loan programs. The candidate should have knowledge of post funding and final docs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to perform a quality audit for all Standard QC, EPD's, FPD's and Target Audits for all loan types including but not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA and Private Investors.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate income, assets, credit and property reviews accurately and precisely.
- Ability to analyze all AUS findings and manually underwritten loans.
- Practical experience to interpret all internal and external policies and procedures provided by all agencies and Freedom Mortgage's internal overlays.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Analysts must be able to articulate the issues, concerns and summary of the audit.
- Must be able to utilize all databases and software necessary to house the audit information and provide necessary work papers in an electronic format as directed by management.
- Ability to multitask and be extremely flexible in the workday activities.
- Ensure re-verification activity was performed and it validates the information used to approve and close the loan.
- Check all audit findings for completeness and accuracy.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- This position requires a minimum of 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must include a minimum of 3-4 years of processing, underwriting, and/or quality control experience.
- Full understanding of all Product Types (FHA, VA, Conventional & USDA)
- Familiar with a variety of mortgage banking concepts, practices and procedures. Working knowledge of compliance regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment, recognizes and acts on changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Prioritization skills.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference.
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offering paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple holidays - because our team is our family, and your downtime and wellbeing are just as important to us as your time in work-mode.
Our salaries are competitive - rewarding your experience, hard work, and commitment. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.
We offer several medical plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.
Summary: The Mortgage Servicing Quality Control Supervisor manages the day to day activities of Servicing QC Specialist and Servicing QC Team Lead positions. They hire, train and monitor workloads of their team, including re…
The Mortgage Servicing Quality Control Director - Performing Loans is responsible for developing, planning, overseeing, and conducting quality control reviews of the various servicing areas in accordance with regulatory and agency standards. Thi…
Summary: The Risk Analyst II will be responsible for shared oversight of the firm’s operational risk management strategy within our originations/operations Wholesale and/or Retail …
Summary The Final Document Specialist is responsible for the retrieval, processing and corrections to the original recorded security instruments and final title policies to ensure perfected liens. This positi…
Position may be remote Summary: The Project Review UW is responsible for reviewing documentation in detail for all new and existing condominium and cooperative projects to ensure compliance with intern…
IT Business Analyst (Remote) – The IT Business Analyst helps define process and reporting scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with an understand…
Mortgage Loan Closer (Remote) – The Loan Closer is responsible for coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA,VA and industry sta…
Conventional Underwriters (Remote) The DE Fast Track Program gives experienced Conventional Underwriters the opportunity to earn their DE certification by participating in AND passin…
Traditional Retail Processor (in Pacific or Mountain time zones) - The Loan Processor is responsible for processing contracts and loan applications.…