The Mortgage Professional is a customer focused, inside sales position within the Call Center. Will conduct the initial pre-qualification phone screen and prepare the loan application and necessary documentation. Will also provide high quality service to both internal and external customers by selecting the best options and taking ownership to resolve problems and meet customer needs.
Essential Job Functions may include:
- Responsible for both in-bound and out-bound calls from existing borrowers in the Servicing Customer Care department and respond to their requests within established timelines to maintain service level expectations and deliver quality service.
- Builds customer relationships by actively listening and resolving complaints quickly, efficiently and accurately
- Provides Information and knowledgeable assistance regarding mortgage loans by retrieving loan information and provide customers information quickly and accurately.
- Analyzes applicant information to determine whether the client is likely to qualify for the desired loan program.
- Assists customers in choosing the proper program that best fits their needs and takes the initial loan application.
- Provides guidance on the risks and benefits of the different programs available to the client. Explains and communicates the terms of each product and ensures that all the required documents and disclosures are signed and returned in a timely manner.
- Builds relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Exhibits professionalism and takes pride in work when dealing with the customers.
- Provides written and verbal responses to customer inquiries as needed.
- Utilizes Freedom Mortgage training materials, reference tools and other resources to provide accurate and up-to-date loan program/policy information to both external customers and internal business partners.
- Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing the loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers and business partners.
- Oversees and ensures successful completion of all assigned Mortgage Professional Training activities.
- Understands and complies with requirements of applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Adheres to shift requirements.
- Actively seeks to develop self to next level. Has excellent communication skills and is clear and concise when speaking with customers.
- Continually meets and/or exceeds the Sales KPI’s set by Management for Productivity and QA. Certificates
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Self-starter, goal-oriented sales professionally who is focused on providing the highest level of customer service to our customers.
- Developing knowledge of the mortgage industry, products, lending practices, and regulatory guidelines
- Strong negotiation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven track record of exceptional performance
- Outstanding customer service skills
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma and/or Some College/Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School.
- Must have NMLS and SAFE, UST preferred.
- Must have at least 1 active license
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Career development and advancement
Working at Freedom, you have the chance to invest in yourself. From on-the-job training to advancement opportunities, and from tuition assistance to our annual internal leadership conference, we’re focused on upskilling, achieving, and celebrating.Learn More
We run huge company-sponsored donation events and contests, as well as offer paid volunteer time so you can commit your support to the causes which you care about most.Learn More
Holidays and paid time off
We offer ample paid time off including multiple paid holidays — because your downtime and well-being are just as important to us as your time in work mode.Learn More
Our salaries are competitive — rewarding your experiences, contributions, and hard work. We also have a 401K plan which provides a matching contribution.Learn More
We offer several medical benefits plans and options to choose from including dental, vision, disability and life insurance, dependent care and flexible spending.Learn More
Pets are part of the family too! We offer comprehensive vet insurance to make sure your cats are cared for, your pups are prioritized, and your lizards looked-after.Learn More
The Manager, Default Change Controls is responsible for the management of a team of Default Business Process Analysts who are overseeing project completion and change management items for Default. The Manager works collaboratively with various Defaul…
Summary The Default Business Process Analyst is responsible for reviewing, researching, and deciphering regulatory and compliance material to translate for Default Management. They work closely with change ma…
Soar With Us Flying ahead of the flock for over 30 years, we at Freedom Mortgage have taken millions of Americans under our wing and helped them achieve their dreams of financial betterment and homeownership. This is o…
The Servicing Correspondence Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of outbound letters, ensuring all required letters and disclosures created by Freedom Mortgage Corporation are appropriately maintained within the Servicing system of record.&nb…
The Coordinator, Correspondence Sr. is responsible for the creation and maintenance of machine-derived letters and some manual letters for all Servicing lines of business, ensuring all required letters and disclosures created by Freedom Mortgage…
The Junior Letter Coordinator is responsible for the generation of manual letters and some machine-derived letters that need additional attention required by contractual and state default letter requirements; i.e. the manual addition o…
**THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION** Summary This position will perform assigned functions within the Servicing Governance and Control team in a timely and accurate manner. The primary role, of the …
Summary: The Property Preservation Supervisor will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the default invoice processing support staff. Will carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the…
Summary The Correspondence and Research Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of Correspondence and Research including but not limited to: borrower written correspondence, borrower statements/lette…